Discuss Fluke 6500-2 Surge Extension test in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to PAT testing and have a Fluke 6500-2. I am having an issue whereby I cannot seem to drop the voltage down to 250V when testing a surge protected extension lead. I have read in a couple of places that without a means of lowering it from 500V simply hit the IEC test button, let it do the EB continuity test, let it fail at the IR test, save it and make a note. Is there any way of lowering the voltage so I can run successful tests with these extensions?

Thank you

P.S. Is it me or does anyone else think the Fluke 6500-2 can be a bit unintuitive to use?

TL;DR
How to test surge protected extension at 250V with Fluke 6500-2?
I'm almost 100% sure the 6500-2 is fixed at 500v. As long as all other tests pass then pass the lead and make a note.

Reply to Fluke 6500-2 Surge Extension test in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I carry out PAT testing on landlord appliances for letting agents in rented accommodation. Occasionally some of the items I cannot access...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm a little confused confused is someone can shine some light on the amendment 2 way of doing IR. I know you have to do one 1st fix at 500V...
Replies
Views
Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me if it is possible in fluke 1663/1664 to activate the option to carry out an insulation test without having the finger fixed...
Replies
Views
Just thinking about selling MFT's and single test equipment. The idea being I buy stuff from Ebay and sell it on ebay, which I am doing at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock