Discuss Funny Electrical Photo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brilliant................................

There was no earth on the metallic lamp stem so I had to put one in, the strange things we have to do?

I have'nt got a photo of this but I installed an LED external clock with time/date/temperature. I set it 10 minuets fast so the 20,000+ people driving past it on Monday morning thought they were late for work! It was brilliant watching all these cars driving by whilst looking at their wrist watch/car clock and mobile phones for the correct time :rofl: I also set it to say -9d C when it was summer time and about 18d C at 8:00am. Just an hour of fun just to entertain myself whilst having a bacon butty :wink: It got a mention on the local radio station from someone that called in about it PMSL.

Always ensure good access to electrical equipment
Easy access.jpg
Always make sure your SWA armour is earthed
Earthed SWA.jpg
Ensure good segregation of electrical cables from water, gas, sewage and data
Remember keep your cables neat
Segregation.jpg
No I said neat
neatness.jpg
Always protect your outside cable connections
Tape should be fine, any excess cable can be used to support the fittings
Safe floodlight.jpg
Remember what I said about neat
Not my best install.jpg
Always ensure you leave enough cable to connect
about 5mm should be fine
Short cable2.jpg
It is vitally important to ensure your metallic gas pipework is bonded securely
Gas bonded Check.jpg

Posted these before, but they still make me laugh/cringe when I look at them. A mate of mine was doing some refurb work on his house, wanted the meter cupboard moving, and also his DB moving too due to demolishing the wall they were mounted on. But hey who needs the DNO when you can do it yourself.

Never did any work there myself but a "plumber" friend of his did. New DB didnt have a RCD in sight and i imagine the ceiling where the DB is hanging from is now full of JBs.

Oh and yes the DB was live as was the main head.2011-08-02 19.46.38.jpg2011-08-02 19.46.15.jpg2011-08-02 19.46.28.jpg

Im nowhere near any of your experience and obviously am only just starting but even my mouth is open. This thread is an interesting eye opener to the world of professional sparkys at work :p

2011-06-29%u0025252016.00.04.jpg

Not quite the standard of the above photos, but it made me laugh.
L/N reversed. Earth connected to back box, just not to the CPC.

2011-09-29%u0025252014.04.27.jpg

More fun while doing an inspection. 3 way switch with none of the switches in use. The only thing this 'light' switch powered was the boiler

IMG_20120214_193603.jpg

Now this one really ****ed me off. A colleague had hole sawed through a steel sheet and dragged these wires though. I was testing for sign off and picked it up.
The reason this was so annoying, fault spotted 5pm on Valentines day..........

i know we said we'd take it 'through' the stud but it'll be tacked before they're back!
DSC_0106_1.jpg
i know the spreads half filled the boxes but thats the 3rd time you've supposedly cleaned them out
DSC_0442.jpg
those leds don't seem to be working
DSC_0535.jpg
of course it won't matter if you mix those 3 cores up just so long as you relabel them at ONE END only
DSC_0713.jpg
well, the earth's usually in the middle ennit?
DSC_0715.jpg
local isolation and, just incase you want to plug the radio in while cooking!
DSC_0760.jpg

Reply to Funny Electrical Photo's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net