Discuss Gaining experience with 3 phase systems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Ken77

Hi,

I have a general query about what is the general opinion of best way to gain experience of three phase systems - in safest shortest time. Is there any particular C&G qualification that would give a good overview of this, without having to spend 6 months training? I am about to do my 2391, but have never work on anything that 1 phase systems, and being self employed have limited opportunities to work on a three phase system. Any advise on best way to bridge knowledge gap would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Ask someone who works in the industry for a days work experience. We can tell you a lot, but seeing and doing benefits you much more.

As been said its difficult to comment. There are some things you can learn quickly and some that take time and this subject is one of the latter.
Its not just about what you can do but much of it is what you can't, with 3 phase.
Without knowing your background or what type of apprentiship/training you covered but knowing you have no knowledge on this area is it wise jumping into a 2391 ?

Best way is to get some work alongside the guy's who have alot of experience in 3 phase work.....there is no safe/quick route to learn it. Some may disagree but 3 phase is a whole new world of electrics compaired to single phase and shouldn't be taken lightly.

Like Guitarist i was lucky to be trained in 3 phase as my apprenticeship and i'm soooo glad i took that route instead of Domestic from the start.

Reply to Gaining experience with 3 phase systems in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock