Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss garage unit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wannabesparky

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

6mm t + e from db (32a breaker) going to a garage unit. is this right?

M

Mike P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Provided it's protected and it is on an RCD either in garage or main cons unit, should be O.K. I would run a 6mm earth with it as well. distance is relative check earth loop.

W

wannabesparky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Provided it's protected and it is on an RCD either in garage or main cons unit, should be O.K. I would run a 6mm earth with it as well. distance is relative check earth loop.

thankyou

I would consider running the supply cable in SWA rather than T&E. Also it should be RCD protected at the consumer unit so that the whole circuit is RCD protected. I would also consider the earthing arrangements, as if it is a TNCS (PME) supply, then it is not permitted to take a PME earth outside the main building unless the earth CSA is the same size as the main earth conductor.

I would also do a full cable calc and determine what is going to be used in the garage as this may have a bearing on the supply cable size as will the installation method of the supply cable, ie buried in the ground etc

Last edited:
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to garage unit in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
Top Bottom