Discuss Glass washing machine 3 phase 63a per phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
good evening,

just looked at a job where a glass washing machine is to be installed in a factory.
3 phase crabree board already there. plenty of spare ways and only load on the ccu is power and lighting and alarm system.

job request from customer, need a commando socket adjacent to drain to plug machine in.

the way i would install would be, three phase board 63a 3 phase breaker.
16mm to a 63a mem switch fused isolator next to board. from there run a 16mm 5 core armoured clipped direct around 45m to commando socket.

another electrician has quoted and subsequently come in cheaper as said 4 core 16mm.
and no mention of a 63a fused isolator?

advice chaps?

In your title it says 63a per phase, I thought WHAT! can't be. This is crazy even 20 odd amps per phase to just wash glasses! It's got to be cheaper to employ someone to do it at that draw surely. But then I installed one that was 17 ish amps per phase for a mobile bar that washes it's glasses at the base and the machine does a cycle for hundreds of glasses in a couple of hours so maybe not. Although the manufacturers insisted I should use 4mm² rather than the 2.5mm² my calcs suggested. So I suppose the other spark was going to run a 16mm² earth along with the four core or use the armour?

63 A MCB in DB provides OCPD and isolation of circuit. Commando plug/ socket provides local isolation of appliance. K.I.S.S. as he said ^^^^^.

and as vorti says are you sure it's 63A per phase?

voltigern, its a plastic cup washer and dryer / commercial. 63a per phase stated by machine supplier to me. not installed yet.

My advice, if you are asking these questions to a straight forward installation. Don't get involved.

How easy do you think terminating a four or five core swa cable into a 63A socket will be.

Reply to Glass washing machine 3 phase 63a per phase in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock