Discuss Good quality tool bag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I use a Dewalt tote, pouches up side for pliers etc, elastic up sides on inside for drivers and internal and external pouches at end as well, tape measure clip, short fine cut saw holder, and then in Centre I have hammer bolster, 450mm sds bits and a few other larger items, but everything easily found and easy to check everything’s back in place again after a job.

I have just loaded up my new toolbag tonight. Never seen nor heard of this particular bag until a few days ago.
First impressions are that it seems pretty decent for £100. It's huge, and have had to put my old CK shoulder strap on it as none supplied. I have played around with it tonight and the tools slide in and out a lot better than my old CK. Fnarr Fnarr!!
It's a Toughbuilt 30" open tote. I like how you can move the three different inserts about to suit your needs. Time will tell how well it will last but it seems pretty sturdy.

Piccys -

IMG_20180425_224720.jpg IMG_20180425_224844.jpg IMG_20180425_225111.jpg

I have just loaded up my new toolbag tonight. Never seen nor heard of this particular bag until a few days ago.
First impressions are that it seems pretty decent for £100. It's huge, and have had to put my old CK shoulder strap on it as none supplied. I have played around with it tonight and the tools slide in and out a lot better than my old CK. Fnarr Fnarr!!
It's a Toughbuilt 30" open tote. I like how you can move the three different inserts about to suit your needs. Time will tell how well it will last but it seems pretty sturdy.

Piccys -

View attachment 41926 View attachment 41927 View attachment 41929
have you got access to use of a FLT to carry that for you?

I purchased the Klein Ultimate electricians tool bag a couple of months back. Absolutely love it. So much better than my Stanley Fatmax backpack.
Not quite up there with the Veto Pro Pac (which my dad owns and swears by) but decent none the less.

I've used the blue CK tool bags for many years and they work well for me. Last time I bought one when I was passing through the UK it was the newer black type and it was well under 30 quid. Generally they last me about 3 years before one of the zips pack up. They may not be the best tool bags but I'm okay with them considering the price.

Veto pro packs are good but £200 to £300 and will make all your tools a target to be stolen, so unless you are jobbing round posh flats in London forget about that or the £300 bag and the £500 of hand tools get stolen in one hit.

I have a Stanley bag with a solid plastic tray base which is good, got it from amazon, only complaint is that the velcro wrap around on the handles fell apart after about a month

Veto pro pac thingy. Loaded weighs about 25-30kg, but once its on my shoulders, quite happy to walk across fields, climb ladders. Very comfortable, strong and handy pockets for everything.

Where can I buy a good backpack for a hike, who knows?!
I do not know if they sell a toolbag on this site Compare Backpacks - Full Specifications & Features | Backpacks Global - https://backpacks.global/compare/, but when I was preparing for a hike, I bought several hiking backpacks with my friends, and I liked everything. But do not forget that there are many sites where these toolbags can also be, so I think I only gave a tip to this site. By the way, I would like to know if anyone knows where you can buy good flashlights for a hike? The last time I was camping with friends, my flashlight died, and after that, I barely reached the tents where our things were. Sorry of course, for offtopic, but it would be interesting to me, just.

plenty head torches on ebay cheap as chips.mine run off 2 x 18650 rechargeables. last for hours between charges.

Reply to Good quality tool bag? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net