Discuss Grade A... fire detection/ domestic property !? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wouldn’t be difficult to build a fake wall over a walk in wardrobe or something…. Wood frame, plasterboard… painted to match. And a lovely family portrait hanging… get it passed, then take it away.

Bit like the internal door building control wouldn't allow in my last barn conversion. Light switches in place both sides, lintel in place, and boarded across the opening both sides.
Wardrobe isn't habitable area anyway, AFAIK.

….. so outcome was!

Architect got on the case and floor space was recalculated using a ‘net’ value which subtracts all the internal walls. This brought it in under the 200msq

And all fine with grade D/ LD2.

Good news for everyone involved😉

(Existing LABC causing grief on all fronts has also been given the boot and new private BC brought in.)

Reply to Grade A... fire detection/ domestic property !? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So I've just recently qualified from my apprenticeship and I'm looking to expand my knowledge on a few different systems such as: A) CCTV B) Fire...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a small problem with a job im doing, 2 first floor flats above a shop with separate landlords area for the 2x flats which is a...
Replies
Views
HMO property wants an annual periodic inspection cert for a grade D mains linked smoke alarm system. Far as I'm aware only installation and...
Replies
Views
Doing an eicr at a HMO property today and was asked to test/certificate for the smoke detectors which are aico mains powered interlinked alarms, i...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm a recently qualified C&G Level 2. I have my 18th edition on the way in the next few weeks. I have a CCNSG AND IPAF 3a/b card, happy...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock