Discuss Hard Wired Dryer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gravid

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hey up, friend of mine has a 4575 W dryer, big american thing. Now it says in the manual that it needs its own 30A supply with an isolating switch. Am i right in saying it will need to be fed from a 32A breaker from the mains board in 6mm ? or will 4mm cover it ? Its about a 10 metre run under the kitchen units. He's pretty keen on just flexing it up and plugging it into the kitchen ring!!
Struggling a bit with the cable calcs.
Cheers

Gravid as with that wattage +19.89 amp it cant be plugged it. I would recon a 32A Rcbop clipperd direct (method c ) under the worktop with a 4mm cable would be fine. then put it on an unnmarked cooker control unit as your local isolation

let him plug it up and watch the fuse pop in the plug top. that thing is gona drag around 20amps. Yes it needs its own circuitminimum of 25A supply(not sure iof you can get 25A MCB'S. You can in Eurpe) but 30A is more likely.

There may not be any need for rcd protection if there is a spare way in the CU and the cable is not buried in a wall less than 50mm from the surface.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hard Wired Dryer in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock