Discuss Have you ever had a positive test for covid since it all began? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Have you ever had a positive test for covid since it all began?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As in the title.
This can be a Lateral flow test or PCR.
Just thought it would be interesting to look at some statistics.

Not personally. Both my neighbours have had it though, and several people at work. Seemed to often affect the fittest people more aswell, the ones you wouldn't expect to suffer as much.

One of the guys is a regular at the gym, built like a tank, and he suffered chest problems for a couple of months or more after catching it.

Fortunately, I have not tested positive so far. I never self-tested until 2 weeks ago when my daughter caught it and asked me to do a lateral flow, which was negative. However, it seems to be the norm now to self-test before attending any meeting or gathering. Our Men's Shed Christmas lunch yesterday was cancelled...32 people from different households, many in their later years...it just seemed right to postpone.

I do 2 lateral flows every week, as does my wife and neither of us has has a positive result from them.

I must add that they are not accurate. 70 or so percent and can give false negatives…. So maybe I have had it??

Well, that was interesting. I thought more people would have had covid.

It's in chit chat now, so that's kind of the poll over. Not a very large population to form any real conclusions from which is a pity. Would have been nice to get up to around 100 people.

Well, that was interesting. I thought more people would have had covid.

It's in chit chat now, so that's kind of the poll over. Not a very large population to form any real conclusions from which is a pity. Would have been nice to get up to around 100 people.

Don't forget more people will have had Covid. But you only asked about how many had taken a test and had which showed a positive result.

Many people will have had Covid without symptoms and/or without taking a test.

Don't forget more people will have had Covid. But you only asked about how many had taken a test and had which showed a positive result.

Many people will have had Covid without symptoms and/or without taking a test.
Very true DPG. I did think about that, but the only 'factual' data would be if they had had a test. I guess I could have added a third option as 'maybe', but that's a bit wishy washy.
Ps.. I glad you found me down in 'chit chat' 🙂

This thread hasn't had a post for a while!!
As some on here may know, my wife is one of the " clinically extremely vulnerable" group who were, and still are, advised to take all possible precautions against getting Covid. She was sent a pack of lateral flow tests about a year ago, whose bar codes are registered, with instructions to report the result of any test, whether positive or negative. A positive test would result in expensive anti viral drugs being dispatched to her, possibly by motorcycle courier, for administration within three days of the onset of symptoms.
Because of this, both her and myself have lived in not far from isolation for nearly three years, attending only a few outdoor events, and only entering enclosed public spaces, such as shops, while wearing full FFP3 masks. She's five vaccinations down, and about to get number six.
Last Wednesday week, she attended her doctor's surgery for a routine blood test, then wanted to go on to a couple of nearby supermarkets, s she usually does afterwards. She was in a rebellious mood, and after putting a mask on outside of the first one, she declared that she's fed up with wearing it, and took it off. She then went into each supermarket for about twenty minutes in the first and ten in the second.
Roll on to last Sunday week, and I remember her talking on the 'phone to someone, and apologising for sounding a bit 'croaky'. That evening she said something about a slight headache and the next morning mentioned her arm joints were stiff. As the week went on, I noticed she was coughing occasionally as well. I also realised that I was beginning to develop similar symptoms, which by last Friday were quite pronounced.
It was at that point I decided to Google the latest list of symptoms for Covid, and found pretty much a full house, so I open up a lat. flow kit to test myself. Wife spots me, and asks why on earth am I doing that?
Test showed positive in a couple of minutes, so that got her attention, and had her doing one as well, which, of course, was also positive.
By this time, most of her symptoms had disappeared, and she only reluctantly phoned her surgery to report in. Usual problems getting post the gate guardians on the other end, but we've a few years experience of doing this now, so managed to get a request through for a call back from a GP later that day, which dully came through about an hour and a half later.
Nice female GP, who we hadn't dealt with before, who was happy to chat for about five minutes, but as expected, agreed that it was far too late for antivirals, or anything else, other than just be aware of how things are going on.
By tonight, she seems to have fully recovered, and I'm past the worst of it. Had it far worse than my wife, but I've had colds just as bad.
So that's what can happen, if you drop your guard, just the once!

This thread hasn't had a post for a while!!
As some on here may know, my wife is one of the " clinically extremely vulnerable" group who were, and still are, advised to take all possible precautions against getting Covid. She was sent a pack of lateral flow tests about a year ago, whose bar codes are registered, with instructions to report the result of any test, whether positive or negative. A positive test would result in expensive anti viral drugs being dispatched to her, possibly by motorcycle courier, for administration within three days of the onset of symptoms.
Because of this, both her and myself have lived in not far from isolation for nearly three years, attending only a few outdoor events, and only entering enclosed public spaces, such as shops, while wearing full FFP3 masks. She's five vaccinations down, and about to get number six.
Last Wednesday week, she attended her doctor's surgery for a routine blood test, then wanted to go on to a couple of nearby supermarkets, s she usually does afterwards. She was in a rebellious mood, and after putting a mask on outside of the first one, she declared that she's fed up with wearing it, and took it off. She then went into each supermarket for about twenty minutes in the first and ten in the second.
Roll on to last Sunday week, and I remember her talking on the 'phone to someone, and apologising for sounding a bit 'croaky'. That evening she said something about a slight headache and the next morning mentioned her arm joints were stiff. As the week went on, I noticed she was coughing occasionally as well. I also realised that I was beginning to develop similar symptoms, which by last Friday were quite pronounced.
It was at that point I decided to Google the latest list of symptoms for Covid, and found pretty much a full house, so I open up a lat. flow kit to test myself. Wife spots me, and asks why on earth am I doing that?
Test showed positive in a couple of minutes, so that got her attention, and had her doing one as well, which, of course, was also positive.
By this time, most of her symptoms had disappeared, and she only reluctantly phoned her surgery to report in. Usual problems getting post the gate guardians on the other end, but we've a few years experience of doing this now, so managed to get a request through for a call back from a GP later that day, which dully came through about an hour and a half later.
Nice female GP, who we hadn't dealt with before, who was happy to chat for about five minutes, but as expected, agreed that it was far too late for antivirals, or anything else, other than just be aware of how things are going on.
By tonight, she seems to have fully recovered, and I'm past the worst of it. Had it far worse than my wife, but I've had colds just as bad.
So that's what can happen, if you drop your guard, just the once!

All the best to you both. A good reminder that all is not completely safe yet, despite it not getting mentioned much lately.

Reply to Have you ever had a positive test for covid since it all began? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net