Discuss HELP! Does this wiring meet safety standards. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The trunking in my shower has broken away from the tiling and i have noticed an electrical cable running through. My landlord wants to just replace the trunking and seal it back up with waterproof silicon. Is this wiring even legal and does it meet the safety requirements. Please help I do not feel safe showering myself of the kids in this.

shower1.jpg
shower2.jpg

shower3.jpg

No, there are things wrong with that.
It was a bodge job to start with, has not been done correctly and is potentially dangerous even if the cover is sealed up over the top of it again.

It requires a proper electrician to replace the unsuitable junction box, the inner cores (blue and brown wires) should not be visible outside of the enclosure and the enclosure should be suitable for the environment it is in.

I WOULD NOT USE THAT SHOWER OR ALOW A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY TO DO SO.

No, there are things wrong with that.
It was a bodge job to start with, has not been done correctly and is potentially dangerous even if the cover is sealed up over the top of it again.

It requires a proper electrician to replace the unsuitable junction box, the inner cores (blue and brown wires) should not be visible outside of the enclosure and the enclosure should be suitable for the environment it is in.

I WOULD NOT USE THAT SHOWER OR ALOW A MEMBER OF MY FAMILY TO DO SO.
Thank you

Reply to HELP! Does this wiring meet safety standards. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I own a country Villa out in the Spain countryside. Was having problems with water pressure so local tradesmen advised to get a water...
Replies
Views
This is a great forum! Am a stairlift, electric scooter, electric wheelchair, repair guy. Also fix broken parts. Also use electricity to...
Replies
Views
Hi My 4 bed 2 storey house was extended 2 years ago and completely re-wired, but I am having to upgrade the insulation and board out the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi, I inspect homes for safety as part of my job. I saw this junction box in a splash zone above a wash basin, it's next to a shower/steam unit...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks in advance for any advice here please on a safety worry... My son lives in a rented house and recently got a strong electric shock...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock