Discuss Help Finding Electrical Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Interesting reading about ways to bring in work. Have any of you guys found half decent website based work? Ive been buying leads on Rated People for just over 1 month and although ive had 4 jobs and 3 good ratings the last 4 leads i purchased were a waste of money as the "customer" wants a cheap quote and some of them dont really want the work done?
Got my own back on RP today as i rated their service and gave them 3 out of 10! Which i felt was about right.
Has anyone used Service Magic or Trust a Trader? I would be interested to hear of any similar experiences from other electricians.

Interesting reading about ways to bring in work. Have any of you guys found half decent website based work? Ive been buying leads on Rated People for just over 1 month and although ive had 4 jobs and 3 good ratings the last 4 leads i purchased were a waste of money as the "customer" wants a cheap quote and some of them dont really want the work done?
Got my own back on RP today as i rated their service and gave them 3 out of 10! Which i felt was about right.
Has anyone used Service Magic or Trust a Trader? I would be interested to hear of any similar experiences from other electricians.

Not used any of them. But, someone on here a few weeks ago was saying that one of these websites doesn't hold your personal details very securely...can't remember which out of them 3 it was - but apparantly, anyone can ring up pretending to be you and get whatever they want.

Not had any experience personally but from what i've heard....be very careful.

Not used any of them. But, someone on here a few weeks ago was saying that one of these websites doesn't hold your personal details very securely...can't remember which out of them 3 it was - but apparantly, anyone can ring up pretending to be you and get whatever they want.

Not had any experience personally but from what i've heard....be very careful.

It was Rated people.com. I am with them for another month, then im sacking it!!!

Do not whatever you do sign up with service magic, I was with them for about 8 months, felt obliged to stay because of the 40 quid joining fee! But after being charged 24 quid last month for a job I didn't even get and 18 quid for another one the month before, I rung them up and told them where to shove it.
You pay the joining fee and then tell them what kind of jobs u want to be sent and how far you want to travel etc. Then they txt and email the jobs 2 u. Then for every job they send u they charge u. I think i was charged about 8 quid for a lighting fault but a rewire was around 30 quid!! Not so bad if u get the job but they send the same job to four different tradesmen in the same area so only a 1 in 4 chance of getting it!! The only winners here are service magic!!!

Reply to Help Finding Electrical Work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock