Discuss Help...fire detection in new small extension in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

aaronstuart

Just first fixed a small one storey extension to a back of a house, extended the kitchen and dining room, only small, is it a requirement to install a smoke and heat detector in new extension?

Ask this as the builders had the BCO in and was told it has to have fire detection.

I always fit smokes in new builds, rewires and larger extensions ( 2 storeys etc ), customer is not too happy to fit ( as was not on passed plans ), even though a few extra quid installing could save lives..

Had a look through Part B but could not see anything regarding extensions only new habitable rooms?

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks

I do seem to recall two smoke alarms are required under Part P of the Building Regulations. One up and One down.

Maybe you could take a quick look at them to see where you stand with the extension?

any materially changed habitable property( any house that has had minimum a wal moved )needs interconn smoke and heats. It's work for us and I would defy anyone to say it shouldn't be done. If you didn't know this in the nicest posssible way "WAKE UP!!!!!"

Reply to Help...fire detection in new small extension in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock