Discuss Help! Is this wiring correct? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Of course but I wanted to understand whether I was right/wrong/clarify before approaching him. I wasn’t going behind his back, just wanted to be more sure of my concerns before speaking/confronting him.

It’s fine to ask. You just wanted a second opinion. You got third, fourth, twelfth all at once.

What sort of downlights use those brackets? I presume they get buried in plaster then the light is fitted after decoration?
Do plasterers like these things? How easy is it for them compared to just a hole to spread around?
I measure where any obstruction is, and drill a clean hole afterwards avoiding any joists.

It’s fine to ask. You just wanted a second opinion. You got third, fourth, twelfth all at once.

What sort of downlights use those brackets? I presume they get buried in plaster then the light is fitted after decoration?
Do plasterers like these things? How easy is it for them compared to just a hole to spread around?
I measure where any obstruction is, and drill a clean hole afterwards avoiding any joists.

Top tip I was taught once: drill pilot hole first, stick a wire coat hanger up and spin 360 degrees to final check for joists :)

Yes they are plaster over lights. I am told (by the lighting shop) that plasters love them especially as the lip gives them a guide as to thickness of skim.

This is your third thread. This one a vehicle charging point and a patio heater. Why are you not consulting your electrician?

Reply to Help! Is this wiring correct? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock