Discuss Help me with inverter vfd to 3 phase motor in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Ac power supply 440V
Inverter - Input 380-480V 50/60hz 11.2A
Output 0-480V 8.5A 6.8kva 3.7Kw
3 phase motor- 2.2kW 50Hz

Should i use delta or star connection?

newguytoelectricity

it's quite likelythat a motor that size will be 415V 3 phase star and 230V 3 phase delta. if so wiring it in delta will fry the motor. to be safe, I advise wiring in star config. unless the rating plate says otherwise.

You have a VSD with 400 3ph input and 400 3ph output, as long as your motor has a 400v option which I suspect it almost certainly will then there is no real advantage to setting the VSD up as though it was running a 230v 3ph.

Reply to Help me with inverter vfd to 3 phase motor in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock