Discuss Help to wire up hive single receiver to valliant. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, I apologise for asking for help but I’ve been massively let down by a plumber. I’ve had a new valliant ecopro 30 installed. It’s got 2 zones (2x 2 port valves) 1 for UFH and 1 for Radiators. The plumber has not wired anything and the electrician is struggling now. He’s wired up the UFH pump and one 2 port valve. I’m trying to do some research now as im so far over budget.

He is fine to wire the hive directly but when adding the 2 port valve to the hive single receiver he struggles. He is fully qualified electrician but this is his first boiler wire to help me after it was just left.

I’ve posted the wiring diagram he is using but he can’t get his head around adding the 2 port valve into this. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Help to wire up hive single receiver to valliant. 6D3D1939-E3E0-4066-A42A-F0F883E966C4 - EletriciansForums.net

I'm not 100% sure about Hive but it may require a separate thermostat and receiver for each zone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The UFH is wired up with its own seperate Polypipe thermostat and working fine. He just wanted some help/ guidance wiring the hive up which incorporates the 2 port valve as there is no drawing to follow and being new to this he doesn’t wana do something wrong.

The way he’s explained How he thinks the 2 port valve wiring works from following other thermostat drawings.

Inside the wiring centre from 2 port valve:

Blue to N and N on Hive
Brown to L and Permenant live on Hive
Orange to Heat on (NO) Hive then S/L boiler
Green is E
That leaves with the grey. Does that go to L then to Common?

Thanks again

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The UFH is wired up with its own seperate Polypipe thermostat and working fine. He just wanted some help/ guidance wiring the hive up which incorporates the 2 port valve as there is no drawing to follow and being new to this he doesn’t wana do something wrong.

The way he’s explained How he thinks the 2 port valve wiring works from following other thermostat drawings.

Inside the wiring centre from 2 port valve:

Blue to N and N on Hive
Brown to L and Permenant live on Hive
Orange to Heat on (NO) Hive then S/L boiler
Green is E
That leaves with the grey. Does that go to L then to Common?

Thanks again
No it’s wrong.

I know this must be annoying and I know the easy answer is pay someone experienced in this. My mate doing it working in the city on large sites so not really domestic but is helping me out. He’s getting his head around it but isn’t going to come over and wing it. He followed a diagram for the Polypipe and got that sorted. He’s sent over a quick sketch and if he’s well off the ball then I’ll bite the bullet and pay. I’ve attached a picture of you can offer any advice then it’s appreciated. If not I’ll get the pros in

And further to the picture, he’s just trying to look if the Brown wire from the 2 port links up to the 3 in the Hive to create the C 1 that powers the motor. And the Orange from the 2 port goes to the S/L boiler.

I know this must be annoying and I know the easy answer is pay someone experienced in this. My mate doing it working in the city on large sites so not really domestic but is helping me out.

There’s nothing specifically domestic about this. It is no more complex than connecting a switch to a relay which in turn switches the boiler.
A thermostat is just a switch and a two port valve is electrically the same as a relay in the way it works.

Only based on previous experience so cannot say for sure.
So its a single channel hive receiver. The 24v link at the boiler needs to be removed (but only the wire link not the entire plug connector) or your heating will stay on all the time and cant be switched. Connect the hive “heating on (NO)” (terminal 3) to boiler RT - 230 V AC room thermostat and hive common (terminal 1) to boiler - live.

Last edited:
And further to the picture, he’s just trying to look if the Brown wire from the 2 port links up to the 3 in the Hive to create the C 1 that powers the motor. And the Orange from the 2 port goes to the S/L boiler.
(This is only advice not an installation guide)
To reiterate what he’s basically saying....

then the brown from the zone valve used as the permanent supply for the motor would terminate to the Live on the hive and the other core which you are saying is orange would also need to be joined and connected to boiler - RT 230V AC room thermostat.

Last edited:
(This is only advice not an installation guide)
From my understanding then the brown from the zone valve used as the permanent supply for the motor would terminate to the Live on the hive and the other core which you are saying is orange would also need to be joined and connected to boiler - RT 230V AC room thermostat.
Brown is not the permanent supply to a 2 port valve.

The OP needs to get in a spark who understands how to connect up a heating system. It won't cost a lot to have done correctly, rather have someone guessing at it and damaging the boiler in getting it wrong it would be a cost effective solution.

The OP needs to get in a spark who understands how to connect up a heating system. It won't cost a lot to have done correctly, rather have someone guessing at it and damaging the boiler in getting it wrong it would be a cost effective solution.

Agreed. What’s going to cost more, someone who knows what they are doing or a new boiler.

I’ve spoke to BG Hive again asking for better instructions. They are sending an engineer out Monday for £100 to wire it. Which I’m pretty shocked at seeing as I got quoted £100 an hour (3 hour min) and another fixed price of £275. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I’ve spoke to BG Hive again asking for better instructions. They are sending an engineer out Monday for £100 to wire it. Which I’m pretty shocked at seeing as I got quoted £100 an hour (3 hour min) and another fixed price of £275. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reply to Help to wire up hive single receiver to valliant. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock