Discuss help wiring inverter to car ramp in the Electrical Forum Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

i think thats what i have not sure as the unit was pre made by rotor motor but i assume you mean the dial that adjusts the freq and is displayed in the screen is there any way i can just set the inverter to just give me 3 phas at 50hz thanks

yeah youre right, most inverters can be wired for a remote pot though which was what i was thinking of, set your minimum speed to 50hz and your maximum to 51hz and increase your ramp up time to maybe 2 sec, sorry if im repeating but what make is your inverter?

just reread your parameters, you say youve set the pot to 50hz, what does that mean? is it possible youve set the speed source 0-10Vdc and the pot 4-20mA at 50hz??

thanks god its working that done the job all il have to do is pull in a 230 supply to the control circuit on the ramp it dont like running off one of the inverter phases

glad its working, as mentioned earlier, your inverter output is not true ac so never try to tap off it, its like a stepped square sine wave, but also you would create an imbalanced load on the output and most likely cause your inverter to trip out.
good luck.

Glad to see its working,should be a parameter which shows the current the motor is pulling, it would be worth while to check the current.
a clamp meter will not give an accurate reading!

Reply to help wiring inverter to car ramp in the Electrical Forum Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All I am new on here and looking for some advice on converting a car ramp to single phase. This particular ramp is sold in 2 versions single or...
Replies
Views
Baja wiring harness LED light help. I've fitted a US Baja harness on my Australian FJ, but I need to replace the Baja harness switch setup so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I used to install solar PV systems back when the tariffs were still good, and I've never had to go...
Replies
Views
I am taking this HVAC class and have been studying up on the basics of electricity, magnetic induction, AC/DC, Ohms Law etc. I have a basic...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Is there anyone who can help me with some information to help me get a FKI BRADBURY 20 series 2 post car lift up and running, the model...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock