Discuss Help with Honeywell CM720 Wireless Programable Room Stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Please bear with me dont often get involved with heating wiring, got a customer who wants there current heating controls upgradded to wirless as the wall where the wired room stat is on is comming down and they want to be able to operate it in different rooms.

Currently got all Honeywell stuff
  • ST900C 7 day programer
  • T6360B Room Stat
  • L641A Cylinder stat
  • Boiler is a Villant Eco Tec Plus 624 System boiler on a S Plan
Any help with this would be much appreciated Thank You in anticipation
T&E

Hi Guys

Please bear with me dont often get involved with heating wiring, got a customer who wants there current heating controls upgradded to wirless as the wall where the wired room stat is on is comming down and they want to be able to operate it in different rooms.

• ST900C 7 day programer
  • T6360B Room Stat
  • L641A Cylinder stat
T&E

This should help

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents/Full-Install/pdf/1106.pdf

John

Hi Guys

• ST900C 7 day programer
  • T6360B Room Stat
  • L641A Cylinder stat
T&E

Hi,
Don't know if you still need help with this but I've used a similar wireless stat (CM927) in my own house with the Vaillant Ecotec system boiler. In my case It was used as a secondary zone controller. I also used a Danfoss wireless programmable cylinder stat so each zone and the HW have their own programmable controllers.
You say they want to operate it in different rooms, that can be a little tricky when you bear in mind the TRV's, it could work but they would need to ensure they turned the TRV's to MAX in the room with the wireless stat and set the TRV's to a sensible setting in the rooms without the stat.

I have a circuit diagram of how I wired my system so PM me with your email address if your interested.

Regards
John

Hi John

I take your point re TRV's I think the customer just does not want a fix room stat any more as they are knocking their house about and not sure where to move current room stat + they want the programer moved as it will be shortly be boxed in by the builder and they have read about wireless controls!!
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, its much appreciated Cheers
Steve

The receiver of the wireless set replaces the common and sl on the wiring centre.
Make sure you warn the client ( in writing/email so they can't deny it ) that the room with the wireless sensor MUST NOT have a trv in it.

Reply to Help with Honeywell CM720 Wireless Programable Room Stat in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock