Discuss Hi everyone, nice to meet you! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for adding! I am happy to be part of your community.

I am Benjamin, a French entrepreneur based in Berlin, Germany.

Me and my friends recently noticed that EV chargers are not intuitive, and the installation is never simple: Installers, customers and engineers are encountering problems.
We want to work on a better product, which meets the expectations of electricians and installers alike, so that compatibility is universal, while guaranteeing a quick and trouble-free installation.

Feel free to open the discussion with me, I am looking forward to talking with your great community, and learning from your experiences!

Best,

Benjamin

Welcome to the asylum mate.

We want to work on a better product, which meets the expectations of electricians and installers alike, so that compatibility is universal, while guaranteeing a quick and trouble-free installation.

What ideas do you have about this?
I doubt there is a generic 'trouble-free' installation as all installations are different.

Welcome to the asylum mate.

What ideas do you have about this?
I doubt there is a generic 'trouble-free' installation as all installations are different.
Hi Spoon :) Thanks for your message! Nice to meet you.

Can I please ask you why do you think that installations are different? In which sense?
I am really interested in knowing more about installations pain points, and the different installation/system types.

I would like to think about theses issues and difficulties, to work on a product that is universal, or at least compatible with the biggest range of systems/installations types possible. But yes, it is probably hard to avoid any trouble. But maybe being able to fix the current main pain-points would be a great first step!

Can I please ask you why do you think that installations are different? In which sense?
I am really interested in knowing more about installations pain points, and the different installation/system types.

I'm not the best to say all the difficulties in installing EC chargers as I don't install them. People on here do and they are a lot more qualified to say.
There are different types of earthing arrangements, PEN protection, is the EV inside or outside, existing consumer unit and other things to consider. Again, not qualified to give more detailed info. I just know projects that say that they are going to make a 'Generic' product then they end up with different variants do to all the different installations/options. This may not be the case for you though.

Can you please tell me about your thoughts on how you are going to achieve a nearly trouble-free install and what your EV charger is going to do that is better from the rest.
People have been making EV chargers for many years now so they are way ahead of the curve on this.
Take the Zappi charger. It looks like a good charger and does quite a few things. How would you charger be better than this without being a lot more expensive?

I'm not the best to say all the difficulties in installing EC chargers as I don't install them. People on here do and they are a lot more qualified to say.
There are different types of earthing arrangements, PEN protection, is the EV inside or outside, existing consumer unit and other things to consider. Again, not qualified to give more detailed info. I just know projects that say that they are going to make a 'Generic' product then they end up with different variants do to all the different installations/options. This may not be the case for you though.

Can you please tell me about your thoughts on how you are going to achieve a nearly trouble-free install and what your EV charger is going to do that is better from the rest.
People have been making EV chargers for many years now so they are way ahead of the curve on this.
Take the Zappi charger. It looks like a good charger and does quite a few things. How would you charger be better than this without being a lot more expensive?

Hi Spoon, thanks for your answer. Sorry for my late reply, I was offline during a few time. Indeed, a generic system should be hard to handle, as there is a huge variety of combinaison possible.
It is why feedbacks are very important for me, as I would like to take all the setups and the issues linked in order to provide all stuff and documentations to the electricians, depending on the installation type and device type/ Car brand.
Zappi is indeed looking like a great product.
But maybe we can even do better?

I have a lot of things to learn from you actually, and for this forum's installers!

If there are installers or engineer in this post, I would be happy to talk with you!

Reply to Hi everyone, nice to meet you! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net