Discuss HNC Electrical engineering advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just looking for some advice and guidance on approaching my HNC in electrical engineering and bridging units.

How did other people deal with it?
Have you used any extra help online e.g tutors, help with written assignments
Any good books you used?

More the help the better, as I’m trying to fit this in and being single working parent.

👍🏻

I completed HNC in the evening whilst working and then the HND on fortnightly week block release.

Found block release to be much more manageable but obviously wage will take a hit.

Tutors were great so I didn't need to rely on any third parties for assignments etc but I did have to stay in contact with them quite regularly when out of college so be prepared for a bit of back-and-forth and the waiting associated with it.

i.e give yourself plenty of time for everything.

Can highly recommend the John Bird series for both HNC and HND level. Especially the following:

Higher Engineering Mathematics
Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology
Electrical Principles and Technology

Also it's a good idea to become familiar with Wolfram/Mathematica and MATLAB for checking your own work.

I completed HNC in the evening whilst working and then the HND on fortnightly week block release.

Found block release to be much more manageable but obviously wage will take a hit.

Tutors were great so I didn't need to rely on any third parties for assignments etc but I did have to stay in contact with them quite regularly when out of college so be prepared for a bit of back-and-forth and the waiting associated with it.

i.e give yourself plenty of time for everything.

Can highly recommend the John Bird series for both HNC and HND level. Especially the following:

Higher Engineering Mathematics
Electrical Circuit Theory and Technology
Electrical Principles and Technology

Also it's a good idea to become familiar with Wolfram/Mathematica and MATLAB for checking your own work.
Thank you for your advice, much appreciated :)

I am working through mine and im stuck on the design brief assingment
I have to select a product or system and create a design brief,

i am not sure what would be suitable ?
Does this mean such things as a Break glass fire alarm point, Lighting Control Module, or Mag lock door with swipe access ?
once i have my product or system i think i can work through this, but i need something that is not going give me problems and end up being extremely complicated

Reply to HNC Electrical engineering advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net