Discuss Hole Cutter for Downlighters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Used to have one.

They do save a lot of dust, especially when retro fitting in a customers lived in house, but now i just use the right size normal holesaw.

Its clean dust so it soon hoovers up!

Yeah its not so much the dust that attracts me, it the fact that it can be adjusted to different sizes in one unit and for a silly price that appeals.

Its the quality of it that concerns me?

Hey mate,

I had one of those too, problem i found was that it only has the one cutting blade so tends to be a bit unstable to use at times and you have to use the counter weights and it's all a bit of a pain.

Screwfix do the same kind of thing but this has 2 blades, one at either end so no counter weights needed and the blades last longer as not all the cutting is done by one blade.

I personally prefer the old holesaw myself too.

Thanks for the replys!

I do have some holes saws, was just looking at a way of reducing my kit down a bit.

Must admit I didn't expect to much positive feedback on them for the price that they are. :(

..and they are no good when it comes to plaster and laths!
housebashers who mainly come across latt ceilings they never used plaster on em way back then though !

when old ceilings have been concerned We always go for rip out or reboard to make neat fitting fits better ,even using a holesaw on latts not great.

I like to spend my time accurately marking out the position of the spot lights up and down like a tarts knickers.

Then I reach into my tool box and pull out the lump hammer, I proceed to knock the living daylights out the ceiling until I think the hole I have made is about right, give or take a few inches.

Now thats bespoke !

Iv used one of these before and I think theyre very good.

I can't think of many more annoying things than plasterboard in your eyes and hair when cutting downlights. :(

Reply to Hole Cutter for Downlighters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock