Currently reading:
Hot Tub Isolator switch

Discuss Hot Tub Isolator switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pat H

-
Reaction score
Hot tub in a garden next to a wooden summer house.
I need to add an isolator.
Ideally it would go on the side of the summer house as the CU is just inside but that puts it closer than 2M of hot tub (isolator is IP65)
The next option is inside the summer house but I'm less keen on that as the summer house could be locked up so the isolator inaccessible.
I'm thinking I could install the isolator inside the under tub equipment space which is closed off with a door. AM I correct that like a bathroom as long as its inaccessible its ok to be within the 2M?

The last one I got involved with came with a commando plug - so I fitted an IP rated enclosure with a breaker and an integrated commando socket - happy days....

Some people do like OVER COMPLICATING matters.

nowt wrong with lidls. they have some nice reds at low prices. and you get served at the tills far quicker than tescos.

We use our local Aldi which is similar to Lidl. Checkouts always seem md but they get through really fast.

Reply to Hot Tub Isolator switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back