Discuss House rewire prices going rate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all, I've been asked to quote for a 4 bed large house rewire, but I've not done a rewire for a number of years and not sure what the going rate was! In total there's going to be 32 double sockets, 46 led down lights, 12 switches, boiler supply, cooker supply x 2, 4 lighting pendants, 8 up/down led outside lights, new consumer unit relocated to other side of house so swa to be installed. I was thinking around £4500 including materials?

Evening all, I've been asked to quote for a 4 bed large house rewire, but I've not done a rewire for a number of years and not sure what the going rate was! In total there's going to be 32 double sockets, 46 led down lights, 12 switches, boiler supply, cooker supply x 2, 4 lighting pendants, 8 up/down led outside lights, new consumer unit relocated to other side of house so swa to be installed. I was thinking around £4500 including materials?
what ever price you give the customer that you quote for , they will ask another spark and say can you beat that.

i have sat and given this a bit of thought the bit that would put me around the £6k and upwards mark is whether the house is occupied or not during the rewire, as moving stuff about to get floor boards up and access seriously slow things down and whether the accessories are standard white plastic or fancy brushed steel etc... Also how big a 4 bed house is it? as you might want to hire in a labourer or mate for the job which adds to the cost...

If you have worked out the price to be £4500 then submit that price, if you win the job then do it and keep a good record of all costs etc and then at the end of the job you can see exactly where you stand financially.
Maybe you will have made money, maybe you won't, but you will learn where your pricing strategy is right or wrong.

We can all tell you how much we would charge, but unless you actually know how we arrive at that figure thenwhat help will that be in the long run? You can't bring every job here for us to price up!

Personally I would probably go in around £10,000 for that job, but then I don't want domestic work and would be trying to lose it.

Not sure if its okay to ask on here but how are prices worked out now per point okay that per socket but lights single fitting does that include the switch and what about a kitchen with 20 LED's how are they calculate.

Also intercom, CAT 6 cabling, smoke/heat detectors, TV posts etc etc I am only asking as I have been out of the game a while, if it an't be posted on her the PM me with the advice or point me in the right direction.

Ta

Not sure if its okay to ask on here but how are prices worked out now per point okay that per socket but lights single fitting does that include the switch and what about a kitchen with 20 LED's how are they calculate.

Also intercom, CAT 6 cabling, smoke/heat detectors, TV posts etc etc I am only asking as I have been out of the game a while, if it an't be posted on her the PM me with the advice or point me in the right direction.

Ta
about £50 a point, £300 on a board if part of a rewire. Intercom will roughly be The price of material then £50ish per cable and a bit extra for mounting and setting up.

as above, and with the LED downlights, all depends on cost of fittings and how close to each other to get a price per point.

I thought I saw someone mention £65 per socket in a previous thread but that must have been a half price offer from Pimlico Plumbers.......
or gritsh bas.

I've just had a look at one today for my accountant......Got to give him a bit of a squeeze. 3bed semi, 44 points in total. In the 44 points that includes lighting, power, 2-ways, bonding, couple of smokes and a heat. £2750 in total. 44x50=£2200
£300 for board
+10% markup=£2750

I've just had a look at one today for my accountant......Got to give him a bit of a squeeze. 3bed semi, 44 points in total. In the 44 points that includes lighting, power, 2-ways, bonding, couple of smokes and a heat. £2750 in total. 44x50=£2200
£300 for board
+10% markup=£2750
still cheap though, that. my starting point for a rewire is £1k per bedroom.then en-suites etc. added.

still cheap though, that. my starting point for a rewire is £1k per bedroom.then en-suites etc. added.
The way I look at it is I can put 2 sparks, a mate and an apprentice there who will get the majority done in two days which is roughly £900. £700 on materials. 1 sparks and an apprentice can go back for a third day which is just over £200. I walk away with just under a grand or more if I get stuck in and get my tools out and replace one of the sparks.

£300 for board
+10% markup=£2750
Is that cash? And don't do your accountant any favours as he'll screw you over faster then a 20 year old Russian hooker.

Reply to House rewire prices going rate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net