Discuss House to finish in Spain, advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice please.

Some years ago my parents in law bought a plot in Spain and built a house there, on a small urbanisation of 6 houses. Due to ill health the house has never been completed.

I`ve now been asked to get it done so it can be used.

There was a builders supply to the house and the local electricity company have put in a permanent supply but as yet this hasnt been turned on.

There are the light fittings and some sockets to fit but otherwise I am told the electrics are complete.

Does anyone know, does the electrical system need to be certified as complete by a Spanish registered sparks before the electricity company can turn on the permanent supply and does the house need this certification for its 1st certificate of completion?

On another note, need to put a swimming pool in, anyone know a good company in the Alicante area?

Taffy Mayfair is based in Spain, he doesn't get on here as often as he use to but he is the guy to help you. Also I believe that Sirket Breaker's dad is alo in Spain and he goes quite often and so maybe able to help you more.

Good luck with what you need to do though, but unfortunately can't be of any more help

Hi Taffy.
Yes, under normal circumstances a 'boletin' would be required by the local authority before they would connect a supply. This would mean having an inspection done by an officialy authorized Electrician. Depending on how much time has passed since the property was last worked on, a little bit of upgrading to the latest Regs, of the existing installation may be required.

Probably the first thing you should do is get the installation as close to finished as you can, then get a local Electrician to inspect it, he will tell you what needs doing in order for him to be able to issue a Boletin.

Not 100% on this point but locally to me, a licence of first occupancy is issued by the local town hall, when the building is complete and habitable, and this includes the presence of water, electricity etc.

As Malcolm has pointed out Mayfair lives in your area and would be able to help you more with the local rules and regulation.

Thanks guys hopefully Mayfair will come along soon. The house was almost completed 3 years ago then left, have not been there yet and to be quite honest I would happily pay for a Spanish registered / British sparks to complete what is needed and issue this cert, so if anyone knows of a reputable sparky in the area of Alicante please let me know.

Why don't you PM Mayfair Taffy.

I think he reads the forum more than he post's these days, and he may miss your post.

I know he's been amenable to PM's in the past and he is a very helpful guy, he may even do the work for you, if he can't, he can certainly steer you in the right direction.

Taffy, please let me know the outcome. Im in a similar position with a house in Spain and am looking at re-wiring inside and to the pool area, albeit I've got the Boletin for the house itself already inplace and am connected to the mains!

Hi Taffy have responed to your PM thanks to all the guys for pointing you in the right direction

Cheers Roger
Yep i do still read and make the ocasional post .....Hot enough for you ...lol
Why don't you PM Mayfair Taffy.

I think he reads the forum more than he post's these days, and he may miss your post.

I know he's been amenable to PM's in the past and he is a very helpful guy, he may even do the work for you, if he can't, he can certainly steer you in the right direction.

Amazing sometimes posters after help then you go out of your way to answer PM's and posts and thenyou never hear another thing !!!

isn`t it TN-C in spain?.....its just i have seen various pics of spanish electricians work over here....and some of it looks like they have tried to construct a TN-C system....snipping back CPCs n stuff.....

Reply to House to finish in Spain, advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock