Discuss how often do you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I’m a bit of a screwdriver buff .
I have 2 sets , my old ck ones and new bahco ones.
Also a couple old Stanley ones

Used to have a set of Iraola ones but my wife insisted I didn’t need 3 lots so sold them on eBay

I try change the screw drivers every 2 years with the same set mostly wera .and try and keep the old ones has spares in the van just in case I lost one .mostly the posi drive ones for what it cost to replace one @ a£ 5 each may has well get a new set .

I have a set of these which are quite nice , my parents got me over 25 years ago when i left school

how often do you DSC05255.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
[automerge]1568042791[/automerge]
My dad has some older wooden handle Stanley ones which he had from when he was an electrical apprentice back in the 1950s

I like the old Yankee ratchet my father used to build boats...it's far better at doing up the terminals on mcbs than an impact driver...
[automerge]1568048043[/automerge]
You get a lot of rat----- on a boat...
[automerge]1568048094[/automerge]
Oh! That's clever...editied out sh one t, even though it was hyphenated!
[automerge]1568048295[/automerge]
Watch out Tel! You won't get away with ar5e anymore!
[automerge]1568048328[/automerge]
LOL! You will!
Sorry Mods, just having a bit of fun here!

Last edited:
ARSE..Ner, Ner. . Ner.
[automerge]1568048521[/automerge]
and ****nal don't sound like a football team.

Honestly, you lot...this thread is getting sidetracked. Behave!
I have some Stanley screwdrivers I have had since i was a teenager...they are knackered!
i have a set of wiha ones which are fine cos fairly recent, and another set of wiha which are passable and ideal for dirty work...and another set of Spanish ones which are Top-Tool or something and they were very cheap but perfectly good if you only use them twice a year!
It's odd, but in Spain all the power tools are extremely expensive if you buy, say, DeWalt but if you go to Lidl they have adequate stuff for occasional use. However, the hand tools are very cheap indeed and are clearly designed to work well for a short while then break. A pair of side cutters might be €3.50 and are absolutely ideal for dealing with those tough toenails.. that's what I use mine for anyway. I even brought a couple of pairs back to UK last time. Plus, nobody steals them!

I usually do 2 sets a year. They get used all day every day. And when one breaks I replace the lot. Due a new set now. Probably go for wera this time round

just bought a wiha torque handle off a forum member, to compliment my wiha set which has the usual slot and pozi, plus torx, +/-, and even "robertson" square drive.

Reply to how often do you in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock