• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss How to connect fluorescent lights? in the Electrical Talk - All Other Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

All fluorescent lights in this house (230V) are connected "1 switch - 1 light". So I have no where to get inspiration how to connect second fluorescent light.

Could I do this?

1213.jpg

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
What wire colour system do you use over there?

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
If I can remember correctly it’s black or red (live) and white (neutral)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What wire colour system do you use over there?
Does it really matter if there are red/black or gold/silver wires leading to that light?

Question is, if I should connect that second light parallel/series? On Google I saw that sometimes there is added some "balast" or something. Etc. Etc. Etc.

DPG

-
Arms
Esteemed
Advent Win
Does it really matter if there are red/black or gold/silver wires leading to that light?

Question is, if I should connect that second light parallel/series? On Google I saw that sometimes there is added some "balast" or something. Etc. Etc. Etc.
The colours are fairly relevant yes. For instance, in our system the green would actually be the earth conductor.

As above, the fittings would be wired in parallel, not series. Any ballast, starters etc should be within the fitting.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to How to connect fluorescent lights? in the Electrical Talk - All Other Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom