Discuss How to connect fluorescent lights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

meisy#

EF
Reaction score
All fluorescent lights in this house (230V) are connected "1 switch - 1 light". So I have no where to get inspiration how to connect second fluorescent light.

Could I do this?

1213.jpg

If I can remember correctly it’s black or red (live) and white (neutral)

What wire colour system do you use over there?

Does it really matter if there are red/black or gold/silver wires leading to that light?

Question is, if I should connect that second light parallel/series? On Google I saw that sometimes there is added some "balast" or something. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Does it really matter if there are red/black or gold/silver wires leading to that light?

Question is, if I should connect that second light parallel/series? On Google I saw that sometimes there is added some "balast" or something. Etc. Etc. Etc.

The colours are fairly relevant yes. For instance, in our system the green would actually be the earth conductor.

As above, the fittings would be wired in parallel, not series. Any ballast, starters etc should be within the fitting.

Reply to How to connect fluorescent lights? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I guess most of you have seen some moving spirals in some fluorescent lamps. Not sure if there's a better description for that, but with...
Replies
Views
R
I am looking into LED lighting for a Grade I listed church, parts of which are 800 years old. The lighting must be simply dimmable with a colour...
Replies
Views
Why is this still a thing, just done a quick calculation with the TLC volt drop calculator and if its a non lighting circuit the recommended size...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock