Discuss How to extend cables neatly when replacing consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

@westward10 I've actually had a similar issue with them being inconsistent connections. Extended a heater connection with them in an ideal box and was getting high readings opened the box and they were good, closed it and they were naff. Ripped the lot out and used wagos instead, perfect readings!
I actually managed to pull one off a 2.5 conductor with very little force and no twisting.
The box I bought is still in the van bar about 6.
Never had these problems but now concerned to hear that others have...will buy a box of the ludicrously priced wago inline ones next time

Yep my go to for solid cored cables, much better than crimps (has anyone ever seen a current rating for a blue butt crimp? or any other red,yellow, blue for that matter..) , quicker as well

Red 19, blue 27 and yellow 48 amps

Looking on here as to the best way to lower my CU and have seen the wiska box and the thought struck me, couldn't a box be produced that had bus bars for the neutral and earth with provision to extend with 25mm cable and then connectors for the individual lives? Non-electrician but would love to know if my thinking is right or wrong

Looking on here as to the best way to lower my CU and have seen the wiska box and the thought struck me, couldn't a box be produced that had bus bars for the neutral and earth with provision to extend with 25mm cable and then connectors for the individual lives? Non-electrician but would love to know if my thinking is right or wrong
Having all neutrals commoned on outgoing cables would be problematic where more than one RCD is present or where such protection is afforded through the use of RCBOs. Even if this wasn't the case, future upgrades would be problematic.

Commoning outgoing earths would be less problematic, but would make fault finding or testing more difficult.

Reply to How to extend cables neatly when replacing consumer unit. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock