Discuss How to get Part P? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DGClarke

I am new to the industry, and have recently passed my 2382, and I can see that I can apply to BSI for Part P accreditation. BSI will certify me without a 2391, but I'll probably takle that exam too.

All I need is 2 examples of my work for their inspectors. That's the problem.

I have rewired my son-in-law's house, so I can cite that, but I don't have a second example to show. I can't realistically get a second example as I can't self certify my work, and nobody with any sense will use an electrician who isn't Part P certified.

So what is the best way forward?

I think I need to offer my services (probably for free) to an existing (accredited) electical contractor, so that I can get the experience (actually the inspectable installations) for the inspectors to look at.

I would appreciate any advice thay anyone can give.

I have found this forum to be full of helpful sparkys, so thanks in anticipation.

Dave

Hi Dave lots of people will use electricians that are not Part P your main concern at the moment is public liability insurance that you will need, bear in mind you have done the most difficult one your next job is a non notifiable one and you dont need to be an electrician to do it.

It is however worth looking at the NICEIC for registration as they are well known to joe public.

Good luck

Chris

You could just do something like spur off a ring for the minor job, you could even do it at your house i'd imagine

You'll be fine!

Hey guys thanks.

It didn't occur to me that the second job could be non-notifiable.

I have a beutifully engineered spur off the downstairs ring in my lounge.

Hell, I didn't even cut the cable to make the splice, just stripped the insulation back, ran it through a junction box and joined the spur in.

Would I need any supporting documentation e.g minor works cert to satisfy NICEIC?

I could certainly provide such if it was required.

Thanks for the advice, it was great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How to get Part P? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock