Discuss How to install wiring for recessed lights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Coreman73

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,

I have installed 6 recessed lights in my living room as well as wall boxes. I’m now at a point where to need to run the wiring. I plan to tap in to a 15 amp circuit that’s tied to my master bedroom lighting. I would have a junction box in the attic to split the power.

I want these lights to be controlled from 2 locations in the living room. I have already purchased the switches, which is a Lutron Caseta that includes a main dimmer (model PD-6WCL) as well as a separate remote control unit that can be mounted on the wall on the other side of the room from the PD-6WCL. The PD-6WCL will be switch 1. The remote unit will be switch 2 and is wireless so requires no wiring.

In the wall box for the Caseta PD-WCL dimmer, I will have a romex 14/2 for power as mentioned above.

Could I please have some help in how to make the connections to the Caseta PD-6WCL? Is it as simple as connecting the three like colored wires from the romex to the Caseta PD-6WCL?

My confusion is that the Lutron instructions consider installing the Caseta in place of an existing wall switch, which I do not have. Their diagram of an existing wall switch have more wires than what I would have as this a fresh install (I’m not replacing a wall switch).

Any guidance would be much appreciated. I can provide more information as needed.

Reply to How to install wiring for recessed lights? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock