Discuss How to Remove Box From Concrete Wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think that kind of thing is fitted for life. You remove one by breaking it and then install a fresh one for life again?

(I'm not an electrician so wait for the experienced guys to reply)

Do you want to keep the box in a reusable state? Could use a multi-tool with steel cutting blade to take head off or try and get a crowbar in behind the box and force it off although I’m not familiar with that type of fixing.

It looks like a nail with a starlock washer. The washer should stop the nail coming out so highly unlikely it is reusable.

Drill on top of the nail to break the head off then try and pull out the box with a lever bar.

What are you planning to do with the remaining wires?

I'd like to replace the single gang box with a double to add a new circuit.

It sounds like the consensus is this fastener is designed to be permanent and requires cutting the head followed by prying the box off the wall.

I suspect that nail will not come out easily probably put in with a nail gun. If the box is no longer required you could probably get a chisel and cut the box off it and then it maybe easier to get out or just knock into the wall.

Reply to How to Remove Box From Concrete Wall in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Help please! I need a Tesla Gen 2 EV charger fitted in my garage which is 22m from the consumer unit. My electrician is proposing to route a 6mm...
Replies
Views
I removed my baseboard electrical heaters (1981 installed) due to finishing off the room. When I had a new AC ductwork installed they changed the...
Replies
Views
I would like to hide the cable to an EV charger. The consumer unit, meter cabinet and charger would all be on the same wall. About 5 metres from...
Replies
Views
An old and now deceased friend's place has some rewirable fuses with asbestos flash pads. They are long overdue for replacement and now that seems...
Replies
Views
I have just checked a double outlet and it trips at 18ma. It was supposed to be faulty. Washing machine had a bad heater which got replaced but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock