Discuss Ice gets build up in vegetable container and on wall back in the neff fridge .defrosted 2 months back in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Nicki6

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there,
My neff fridge is out of warranty.
I Defrosted it 2 months bk.now slowly ice has started building up inside the vegetable container and on wall behind it.all of other areas are perfectly fine in terms of freezing.

Pleasesuggest..atttaching photos of same..
Also is there anything in particular need to be considered while defrosting except completely switching off for 48 hours.

Attachments

• Ice gets build up in vegetable container and on wall back in the neff fridge .defrosted 2 months back 20210109_210319 - EletriciansForums.net
    20210109_210319.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Ice gets build up in vegetable container and on wall back in the neff fridge .defrosted 2 months back 20210109_210314 - EletriciansForums.net
    20210109_210314.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Ice gets build up in vegetable container and on wall back in the neff fridge .defrosted 2 months back 20210109_210258 - EletriciansForums.net
    20210109_210258.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 21
Can't read the info plate in the picture to verify if it has one, but my first thought is the auto defrost element or it's controller board / relay has failed causing it to ice up

Can't read the info plate in the picture to verify if it has one, but my first thought is the auto defrost element or it's controller board / relay has failed causing it to ice up
Many thx for that.just on that is is something worth of repair or buying a new one wud be more wise in terms of cost. By the desc of fault looked to me something major.sorry i am quite naive around that

Last edited:
Many thx for that.just on that is is something worth of repair or buying a new one wud be more wise in terms of cost. By the desc of fault looked to me something major.sorry i am quite naive around that .

Many thx for that.just on that is is something worth of repair or buying a new one wud be more wise in terms of cost. By the desc of fault looked to me something major.sorry i am quite naive around that
I've repaired a number over the years and a lot depends on the cost of the parts and labour V's the cost to replace the appliance, with an older appliance it can be a more viable option to replace the appliance.
A quick search suggests that the heating element could be from £55 up to £150 plus fitting

Is there by any chance a blocked drain hole at the back of the fridge? Have you cleaned out the drain hole recently?

Just my 20p - the frost is from water vapour freezing, so there is a supply of warm moist air getting into the fridge, perhaps. Confirm the door seals are clean and working as they should. And check for any other air leaks. :)

Hi there,
My neff fridge is out of warranty.
I Defrosted it 2 months bk.now slowly ice has started building up inside the vegetable container and on wall behind it.all of other areas are perfectly fine in terms of freezing.

Pleasesuggest..atttaching photos of same..
Also is there anything in particular need to be considered while defrosting except completely switching off for 48 hours.
Have you cleaned the heat exchange coils on the back of the fridge?

Hello @Nicki6 to reply to a post click on "reply" on each individual post to respond. Clicking on "report" just sends a report to the forum staff.

drain hole usually about level with bottom shelf at the back. has channels running down at an angle from both sides.

Look at an online manual for the fridge. If you look at the back of the fridge above the compressor you should see it. Get a pipe cleaner (when defrosted) and make sure it is clear and can run into the tray above the compressor.

that is a lot of ice for only 2 months, is the fridge a lot colder than you would expect?
wondering if the thermostat has failed.

and it has been mentioned before but, for ice to form, you need a supply of moist air.
check door seals, also make sure that the door is closing fully, no bottle in door that is pushing off a shelf when door is closed?

Reply to Ice gets build up in vegetable container and on wall back in the neff fridge .defrosted 2 months back in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock