Discuss if you hadnt become a spark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

megaman83

what other jobs would you have fancied if you hadnt have chose to become a spark?

i wanted to be an architect until my art teacher told me if i really tried hard the remainder of my 5th year at secondary school i could manage a grade E.

enough said, down the sparky road i went!

also wanted to be a fireman up until quite recently too.

but my site foreman reckons i just like to start fires not put them out!
he gave off cause i burn all my cardboard at every oppertunity:p

Just before i left school i was a a family do in Blackburn where upon this old guy was asking, son what you going to do for a job, as i am due to retire soon, he gave me the best advice that anybody has given me in that he said, son be a Solicitor print money son, get yer head down study and in a few yrs you will have made it. I didn,t listen and i am 50 now, and still climbing bloomin scaffolding etc.

Deffo fireman, ever since I could talk I wanted to be one.

Trouble was I hated school so left at 16 and the minimum age for joining the fire service was 18 so needed to find something to fill 2 years.

That was 12 years ago and here I am. I have to say I wouldn't change it for the world now, love the job too much (sad I know):eek::D

i did my work experience with BT and was all set to do that, but they didnt take people on till the sept and i thought if i missed that it would be to late for anything else,i thought "wires is wires" ill try to be a sparks , now done 19yrs.
if you hadnt become a spark? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Archeologist, but I needed some money... Got an apprenticeship and here I am 5 years later! Love my job! Wouldnt change it for the world!:D

Deffo fireman, ever since I could talk I wanted to be one.

Trouble was I hated school so left at 16 and the minimum age for joining the fire service was 18 so needed to find something to fill 2 years.

That was 12 years ago and here I am. I have to say I wouldn't change it for the world now, love the job too much (sad I know):eek::D

Lenny why don't you look at becoming a retained fire fighter?

Me I wanted to be a game keeper, but it's one of those jobs that's hard to get into as an outsider because they are handed down through family generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as Andy I wanted to be a marine biologist. This started from when I was about 7. Wanted to swim with sharks and study them.
Now, Id be happy to become a scuba diving instructor - only another £3000 and 6 months training to do it.

Been saying that for 4 years!!!!

Mike.

Wanted to join the RAF as an aircraft electrician like my dad.Passed exams and medical and then fluffed interview with an officer.:(

Reply to if you hadnt become a spark? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock