Discuss Inline (crimp/splice) connectors for 240V in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi - I'm fixing up a vintage stove and need to splice a few of the wires to the oven elements. Are there inline (splice) connectors that are recommended for 240V? I've used "IDEAL 2 Port Push-In Wire Connectors" (not able to post the link) where I have room, but a couple of areas are pretty tight and an inline would work better. Thanks.

What Amperage rating do you need?

Oh, welcome to the forum.

You will need crimps that can not only deal with Voltage and current but also the heat generated by the Stove itself, you could try for info via Oven, Cooking appliance Manufacturers, I would imagine anything PVC/Plastic coated will be unsuitable.

You will need crimps that can not only deal with Voltage and current but also the heat generated by the Stove itself, you could try for info via Oven, Cooking appliance Manufacturers, I would imagine anything PVC/Plastic coated will be unsuitable.
Thanks Pete999 - these are on the far side of the insulation so not exposed to extreme temperatures. I'll do as you suggested.

Thanks and thanks Spoon. Its running off a 40A breaker - is that what you're asking?

OK, so the max amps is 40A.
Depending on wiring diagram or additional fuses within the oven then then you may need a crimp that can take 40A.

Post the wiring diagram for the oven and where the crimps are going.

OK, so the max amps is 40A.
Depending on wiring diagram or additional fuses within the oven then then you may need a crimp that can take 40A.

Post the wiring diagram for the oven and where the crimps are going.
Thanks Spoon. The fuses are in a pony panel (how it was designed). Someone "repaired" the oven sometime in the last 50 yrs but patching aluminum wired mid-line on copper. One in the panel, the others in the oven and I need to replace these.

Posting the wiring diagram. It's on the underside of the top panel - this is a Frigidaire Flair standalone "wall" oven. The wiring will be in the same cavity where this piece of paper is glued, if that helps?

Edited: there are about 4 splices in that main trunk that heads to the panel.

Attachments

• Inline (crimp/splice) connectors for 240V Flair1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    Flair1.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 28

Reply to Inline (crimp/splice) connectors for 240V in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock