Discuss Install designs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
When you design an installation and install it, is it a requirement to forward a copy of all the calculations (for cable calcs for example) to the client ? If so, is there a generic name for such a document and should it include anything other than cable calcs? If so anyone have any templates ?

Note this is concerned with small scale commercial and domestic installs, not hotels, shopping centres ect.

Obviously and EIC is necessary in all cases, and a client may ask for schematics, diagrams ect from the outset. But for example if I installed a sub main, sub board, and associated circuits; and the client has not asked for any paperwork other than an EIC, should I also provide any other design paperworK ?

Thanks

I wouldn't provide any calcs, probably wouldn't want an old smoke box anyway.
No reason not to provide schematics if they ask for them.

The information in the EIC and the information in 514.9.1 is required. Anything outside of that may be requested and specified, but personally I would not include for any of that in my prices unless requested at the time of quoting.

So just a circuit designation label near the fuse board would suffice ? (with all the other info on them like Zs, tpe of protective device ect ect)

Thats all that you are required to provide according to the good Bible.

I don't like to give customers too much information. They take it away to Internet forums and start asking questions, then its more work having to argue comments and opinions from people like us!

How many of your Domestic or small scale commercial customers ask for this information?

Reply to Install designs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock