Discuss Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't know if we have a running thread?

Saw this for the first time today?

Anyone fitted any?

Attachments

• Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site 20200914_115211 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200914_115211.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 139
  • Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site 20200914_115715 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200914_115715.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 146
It is timber trunking, channelled one for live one for neutral and no cpc, with a timber lid.

Don't know if we have a running thread?

Saw this for the first time today?

Anyone fitted any?
I'm sure Lucien would like to get his hands on some of that. think it's called casing and capping. separate channels for L and N. no cpc. cpc's, when installed were bare wires run separately from point to point, not usually close to the L and N.

Yes, casing, not trunking. Last used in earnest nearly a century ago, and always with conductors of opposite polarity in separate grooves (and no CPC!). I'm trying to collect samples of different sizes but it's hard to recover good intact lengths and examples of well-made joints, which were an art in themselves.

Had a better picture.

Attachments

• Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site 20200914_115311 - EletriciansForums.net
    20200914_115311.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 121
It is timber trunking, channelled one for live one for neutral and no cpc, with a timber lid.
I showed a photo of some still in use, a while back. Two pyros in C&C supplying two properties via one. No pc at present, find it tomorrow.

I wish I could have got to the source of this, in the basement, but the house owner wasn't too helpful. I was working next door and had to get the DNO in to sort things out. Originally 1950's, I would think, with the pyro. Unusual, with it being prior to main fuse, therefore belonging to the authority. Some form of splitter below, perhaps?

Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site photo 10.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:

Reply to Interesting electrical things wot I have found on site in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock