Discuss iPad in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you think about it, the value of the iPad is its larger screen, which is easier on the eyes as far as most content types are concerned and enables its user to create content in a less painful way than on an iPhone. However, the iPhone is the more flexible device. It is smaller and more mobile. It is much more capable in terms of hardware. It does voice and data. It has two cameras, while the iPad has none. It has more applications. Both the iPad and iPhone are now eBook readers. So, what besides, the larger screen is it that makes the iPad attractive?

Some one elses quote

If you think about it, the value of the iPad is its larger screen, which is easier on the eyes as far as most content types are concerned and enables its user to create content in a less painful way than on an iPhone. However, the iPhone is the more flexible device. It is smaller and more mobile. It is much more capable in terms of hardware. It does voice and data. It has two cameras, while the iPad has none. It has more applications. Both the iPad and iPhone are now eBook readers. So, what besides, the larger screen is it that makes the iPad attractive?

Some one elses quote

I will be getting the iPhone on the 24 th when it comes out. And as u pointed out the iPad has no phone or camera , but that is no secret and I knew that when I brought it. The I pad I books is like having a book, so reading it on your phone will strain your eyes. I have not seen HD YouTube on the new phone. And also the video on the iPad is far better to watch movies. There are more applications on the iPad as it plays all the iPhone apps as well as it's own.

Also for running business software it works well , where as on a phone it will be very tricky if they actually bring out the same apps for the phone

It's a bit like comparing the iPad with a mac book, they are for different ways of life.

Is your info based on what u read or have u got an iPad.

For e-books I much prefer the liquid LED (or whatever they are called) screens that can still be read in bright daylight and look like normal ink, for buiseness use a standard laptop any day, and as for the rest the iphone mk4 is superior as far as I can tell by the hardware specs and supposed software support.

For e-books I much prefer the liquid LED (or whatever they are called) screens that can still be read in bright daylight and look like normal ink, for buiseness use a standard laptop any day, and as for the rest the iphone mk4 is superior as far as I can tell by the hardware specs and supposed software support.

That's what I just said they a mac book an iPad and the iPhone have different uses. So that's why I buy them,

My daughter watches movies and plays games on the iPad in the car which stops her using my phone , I make calls on my phone. And do work on both my mac and iPad. Yes the mac is better. But the iPad is quicker to access and is more mobile.

There are applications on the iPad that are superior to my mac so it's best to use it,

As I said it's horses for courses, it's a link between a mac and a pc.

This view is based on the fact that I have them.

So then gents.....these Ipads, whats the buzz?? anyone else got one??? are they really that usefull??? if so what exactly do you use them for, apart from playing.:)

Cheers.

I got an Ipad the day before they were released (ordered online) and I cant be without it.

The flash iassue is the only real assache.
It's battery lasts all day, even with constant use.
I have all my NICEIC DVD's on there, plus pdf's of best prcatice guides, BS7671 and many other things.

I got an Ipad the day before they were released (ordered online) and I cant be without it.

The flash iassue is the only real assache.
It's battery lasts all day, even with constant use.
I have all my NICEIC DVD's on there, plus pdf's of best prcatice guides, BS7671 and many other things.

Can you get any cert software/pdf editors working on it? I reckon if I can do my certs on site I could justify buying it.

I have my own created certs, which I store on my home server as temp plates. I can then download via drop box any individual file and edit it accordingly with one of my PDF apps.
I can do a cert on site and email it directly with the invoice.

I also have all the building regs from the planning portal on there, so showing things to clients is sooooo simple.

The iPad being stolen by the wife is the biggest problem. She likes to surf sites like myface and play games on it. I'm using it right now while laying in bed with tv on. It doesn't cook your croch like a laptop does :D

The iPad being stolen by the wife is the biggest problem. She likes to surf sites like myface and play games on it. I'm using it right now while laying in bed with tv on. It doesn't cook your croch like a laptop does :D

i think if your laptop is cooking you i think you need to get it fixed,
mine did that and i big red mark on my thigh for a few days, it hurt

Not even for sites that require flash player?

I was just replying to your post that an iPhone would make the iPad pointless. And that u were wrong , but wanted to test the new iPhone first before I commented. And the point about flash player is strange because it was about the iPhone 4 and that won't do that either. And yes if I need to I can use flash player on my pc.

Is your glass half empty.

Reply to iPad in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net