Discuss iPad in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SEC-Tom

Anybody looking at getting one?

They do look great if money wasn't so tight id get myself one. Would be light enough to carry round to put your test results on as you worked...Just be careful not to drop it. :D

apple-ipad_1.jpg

Trouble is It wouldn't be compatible with the testing software, mac based software only :mad: and it's so annoying when you see it on the US website for the same money but in Dollars:mad: . I would rather have a laptop, and i've got a miniature version of it all ready Iphone it doesn't do anything different ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that i like most of Apples products, but this one really has me scratching my head as to "why"?

especially as it doesnt run flash at the mo.

Pennywise for once I disagree . I too have an iPhone but the I pad is like lightening quick. All the apps are now better and in HD, and you tube and movies are in HD. Yes I know it's a bit like an iPhone on steroids, and it's not an essential piece of kit, but it is a great toy,,,

On first impression it's nothing new but each day u discover new bits. I've only had it 6 days and it just gets better with time.

As a Toy I can't see anything wrong with it, if money was no object I would have one straight away;) think Tom was thinking about using it for work and in that capacity I think it falls flat on it's face and a laptop wins hands down:D It almost costs as much as a Macbook :eek:. Think your right as a play thing I'm sure it would keep me amused:D, but for surfing the net and watching HD films generally use the 27.5in iMac can't wait for the next gen that will almost undoubtedly have a touch screen minority report here we come :)

thers also the probs connecting Ipod touch,Iphone to bluetooth things its only got max 64gb memory Ill stick with my wee netbook for work stuff

If one of my mates got one I would mock them mirthlessly. It's a fashion accessory and nothing else.

How did I know rocker would come out with this,, yes it's a fun gadget , but why mock someone or is that just a jealousy thing.

End of the day it a great gadget. So what is there to mock.

But u did say once that u would mock someone that walked on site with an r2 lead ,

End of the day I have both, I work hard and earn well so why not treat myself, and yes when the new iPhone comes out in 3 weeks or so I'll get one of them too, so u can mock more

How did I know rocker would come out with this,, yes it's a fun gadget , but why mock someone or is that just a jealousy thing.

End of the day it a great gadget. So what is there to mock.

But u did say once that u would mock someone that walked on site with an r2 lead ,

End of the day I have both, I work hard and earn well so why not treat myself, and yes when the new iPhone comes out in 3 weeks or so I'll get one of them too, so u can mock more

Ha ha you know me too well, eddie, but you don't know my mates - a few of them are the skinny-jeans afflicted types, who'd wear a turn on a string if it had an apple logo on it.

I've got my iPod but that's about it as far as Apple goes for me. Had an iPhone for about thirty seconds and found the thing infuriating. And as far as these 'apps' are concerned..... microsoft had a similar idea fifteen years ago - they were called programs and they tend to be still used to this day! It's only because apple didn't have any worth talking about up until now that there's such a big fuss. I guess there are two types of people in this world - some who think apple products are cool, and some who think apple products are smug. I also loathe all touchscreen appliances. As far as jealousy is concerned - I built my PC, Laptop and Palmtop exactly to my specifications, and continually upgrade. Al three of my systems will blow anything off the shelf out of the water performance wise, and that includes the iPad. I am also a bit of a saddo and have modded them extensively, so that whenever I get them out I am normally met with 'Whoa, what's that?'. I've nothing to be jealous about as far as computers go, I work gard to keep mine amazing.

Reply to iPad in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net