Discuss Is there an additional month's grant for self employed? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all.

just wondering if anyone knows if the self employed are to get the additional months grant the same as employees?

Cheers :)

just wondering if anyone knows if the self employed are to get the additional months grant the same as employees
what a greedy man ,lol,did you know there is a virus going about , it passed me off
when staff got the 80 % of the wages months ago and we had to wait months ,not paying any tax next year so the government will need to go round with a begging bowl .

I wouldn’t hold our breath mate.....makes me laugh all these people unable to work drawing 80% of they money....they don’t mind being out n about though! ?

But they are legally able to work, just not for their regular employer!
I know a few who have taken up other jobs in the meantime!
I don’t think they are allowed to work if they claiming the furlough mate.....but I get the impression that it’s going to be a slog getting people back to work again ?

I thought that initially but yep, they are allowed to find another job! ..... Dont agree with it but thats the rules.
That’s ridiculous.....considering we have to declare we’ve been adversely affected to claim anything, this country is insane at times ?

That’s ridiculous.....considering we have to declare we’ve been adversely affected to claim anything, this country is insane at times ?
I think it's OK to work AND claim (self employed). I think it's about how much you have worked over the last 3 months. I have had on average about 4 hours work per week over the last 3 months (as opposed to 40 hours) so I have definitely been 'adversely affected' and have made a claim. If I had been working a much larger percentage of my normal hours I would not have claimed (although I'm sure I would have been tempted briefly).

It's a difficult one, as even if you only lost a day or 2 of work over the 3 months I guess you have been 'adversely affected', although I think that is just semantics and 'looking for loopholes' which is not a positive, morally correct or responsible way of dealing with this situation.

I think it's OK to work AND claim (self employed). I think it's about how much you have worked over the last 3 months. I have had on average about 4 hours work per week over the last 3 months (as opposed to 40 hours) so I have definitely been 'adversely affected' and have made a claim. If I had been working a much larger percentage of my normal hours I would not have claimed (although I'm sure I would have been tempted briefly).

It's a difficult one, as even if you only lost a day or 2 of work over the 3 months I guess you have been 'adversely affected', although I think that is just semantics and 'looking for loopholes' which is not a positive, morally correct or responsible way of dealing with this situation.
Completely agree mate.....I was referring to the people that have been furloughed continuing to work elsewhere, they are effectively receiving they full wages and are also working elsewhere

Yeah but (and I dont understand it) but my accountant is claiming back NI/tax as part of the furlough payments.

Not sure all accountants understand the rules.
Our guys are 80% of 'average for year' (Gross) less normal deductions (tax/NI etc) = Nett Pay

Furloughed people must have been adversely affected to have been put on furlough in the first place.
[automerge]1590008033[/automerge]
Crazy!....how is that encouraging people to stay indoors ?

It's not encouraging people to stay indoors, it's encouraging people to keep businesses alive and help the economy.

There was a big push to try and get furloughed workers to do fruit picking and similar jobs instead of the thousands of migrant workers who would normally do it.

Some of you will already know this but for those who don't it looks like the self employed grant has been extended for another 3 months paying 70% of your average earnings. Here is a link..

Reply to Is there an additional month's grant for self employed? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net