Search the forum,

Discuss Is what I've done any good/safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50 for five minutes , that is too cheap...

standard call-0ut is £65

@Tibbyltd I hold 2 degrees one of which has a biological aspect and also involved me having to study Darwin. So yes I know quite a lot about him. What would you like to know? I also have several professional qualifications including being a full member of the IET.

I’m sorry my words touched a nerve there and upset you so much. Good news that you have resolved your issue ?

Well the problem was sorted quickly and painlessly and almost for free.

It's like 5 minutes a 4 screws, hardly brain surgery. The supply was isolated so who's getting the Darwin award? Do you even know who Darwin is you snarky ----?

You leave school with no GCSEs and expect me to pay you £50 for 5 minutes to tell me a job which I know is probably better than the original install is OK? The 'qualified' person who fitted it didn't do a very good job in the first place.

I guess I'll use less pretentious forums in future.
[automerge]1584488611[/automerge]

Explain why then. Because their screwdriver has a better lubricated muffler bearing?

My question was;

Is what I've done any good/safe?

The answer from all available sources seems to be yes.

The MCB is correct, the cable is of satisfactory diameter and the shower now works without fault. So why do I need an electrician again? Oh, so I can pay them money for nothing ?
The problem wasn't sorted Tibby, you just got it working. It's easy to get electrics to work, you could have even just twisted the wires together and it would have worked but it would be dangerous. There is a 50/50 chance that the 6mm cable is not suitable for a 45A MCB and at some point the switch or MCB will overheat and possible cause a fire. I have seen so many burnt connections for showers as they have not been done properly.

I kind of get the impression though that you just want it working and are not too worried about how that is obtained. I guess if you live by yourself in a detached house you could take the risk, but if there are others living with you then you might want to check with them if they are happy to live with possible dangerous electrics.

This post really isn't designed to wind you up it's just straight talking and hoping that you will get someone to at least check it over.

I suggest @Tibbyltd you get an electrician in to check this circuit for piece of mind as suggested. Thread closed.

Reactions: DPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is what I've done any good/safe? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net