Discuss ISE 10 washing machine doesn't finish cycle in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

flannel

DIY
Reaction score
My 9 year old ISE 10 W256W (ASKO WM70.1) stops at 4 minutes from the end on the Everday-wash cycle.

I've drained it with the tube (not much came out) and checked the drain pump is clear.
The stop/start and open door buttons don't work. Turning it off and on it changes it to 12 minutes and it starts to do something - at this point, pressing the stop button ends the cycle and I manually open the door. For reference, the spin & drain cycle is 15 minutes.

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong?

I can suggest something to try, if you're confident enough to remove the top cover.
UNPLUG THE MACHINE AT IT'S SOCKET. UNPLUG, NOT JUST TURN OFF.
Remove the top cover, and locate the pressure switch, which is normally mounted near the top. They are usually round, about 60mm in diameter, with wires and a tube of a few mm diameter connected to it.
The tube comes from near the lowest point of the drum, so that when the drum fills with water, the air in this tube is trapped and compressed as the level rises, operating this pressure switch, telling the machine's 'brain' what the drum water level is.
If the tube becomes nearly blocked, the switch will become slow to respond, so the machine can end up with too much water in it, thinking there's water in it when there isn't, and vice versa, and operations, like pumping out can 'time out'.
Remove the tube from the switch and blow hard through it.

Reply to ISE 10 washing machine doesn't finish cycle in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net