Discuss Jobs in Australia in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anybody know a website i can use to find electrician vacancies in australia, thanks.
best to google it!just type in electrical recruitment agency australia,you should find loads.This guy was looking sparks for oz a few weeks back-universal labour services pty ltd.(nz)

[COLOR= ]Hi I am a UK citizen living in the UK, I want to take on a course in the UK to become a fully qualified electrician with prospects to move to Australia, I was just enquiring on what routes to take if I want to take this skill to Australia, also if it was at all possible to do training so that I could go straight to Australia either acquiring the right qualifications whilst in Australia or before I go? At present these are just ideas floating around and any feedback would be most appreciated.[/COLOR]

i am as we speak, but i would also like to hear from some someone with experience.

Err, wouldn't those with current experience be in Aussie now?? lol!!

Your best bet is to contact Australia House in London and ask these questions to them. who i suspect will have the definitive answers. One things for sure, they won't be entertaining any fast track course wanna be electricians. So don't get conned going down that route!! lol!!

Err, wouldn't those with current experience be in Aussie now?? lol!!

Your best bet is to contact Australia House in London and ask these questions to them. who i suspect will have the definitive answers. One things for sure, they won't be entertaining any fast track course wanna be electricians. So don't get conned going down that route!! lol!!
it`l be like of the adds for fosters when you turn up with the JIB card..
`well they`v got gold`....

You need to do a TRA test, different parts have different tests, some areas only let you work in their area (state) but some some tests will let you work in any state. I know if u pass in Melbourne you can work anywhere in oz,
my mate has been out there 2 years (now married to an oz) and it is very closed shop, they do not want to give their work to foreigners, if you do get in, you will be the lowest past doing the worst jobs. You have to remember jobs are more scarce over there as well. ( not quite as bad as here)
he is earning more money picking seasonal fruit and seeds.
if you try it good luck
one last thing, he tried doing his paperwork through a company here in the uk, cost him a few grand and wasn't worth the paper it was written on when seeing employers over there.
He is fully qualified, but this paperwork was a bit like someone over here with a Electrical Trainee certificate

Reply to Jobs in Australia in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock