Discuss Joining cables in plastered walls. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

saveloy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Uncovered this mess on a new kitchen refurb last week.Done by a "professional(?)" 20 years ago.

Attachments

• Joining cables in plastered walls. Image003 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image003.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Joining cables in plastered walls. Image004 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image004.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Joining cables in plastered walls. Image005 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Joining cables in plastered walls. Image006 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image006.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Joining cables in plastered walls. Image007 - EletriciansForums.net
    Image007.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 93
I hope the customer was as impressed with the quality of workmanship as we are!!! :eek::eek:

Just as well he was having the tiles replaced, by the look of things.

I hope the customer was as impressed with the quality of workmanship as we are!!! :eek::eek:

Just as well he was having the tiles replaced, by the look of things.

The customer is just glad that it's going to be done properly I think. He tells me that the guy he paid to do it (when it was first built) was an electrician:eek::eek:
We've had to strip off 2 layers of tiles to get at this so whoever did the kitchen the second time around obviously wasn,t overly concerned with the state of the electrics either.

BTW does anyone know where I can get hold of the special insulating material that has been used to cover the choc block in the back box, or do you think a double wrapping of an old swandwich bag will do? :)

Last edited:
Nah, just pump some silicone in!
Good idea. Never thought of that. Cheers Cirrus.:) Now I won,t have to rewire the lighting circuit:)

BTW does anyone know what IP rating silicone has. I've looked in the 17th but I can't find any reference to it.:eek:

Reply to Joining cables in plastered walls. in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock