Discuss Jokes on your apprentice in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

One trappy apprentice who had a bit too much to say for himself; verdict: zip-tied to stanchion and copious quantities of Trefolux applied.

Welding re-bar accross the miscreant's toe caps was another one I recall.

The above escalation was triggered by said apprentice's initial reluctance to make tea as required and his childish (but inventive) original protest of drilling and screwing his spark's enamel mug to the canteen table and then filling it with tea. Cheeky little get left a straw in it and I think that's what sealed his inevitable date with the cutting paste.

When I was a factory electrician, we wrapped one guy's car with one of those big rolls of cling film that you wrap up shipping pallets with. We used the whole roll. Must be a mile of it on one of those rolls. His car was well "preserved".

For another fellow, we drilled and tapped his tool box for a Zerk fitting (grease fitting) and filled the whole tool box up with grease through the fitting. I thought it was funny at first, but the guy really went off the deep end when he found out what was done, and I honestly thought he was going to hurt someone badly.

When I was a factory electrician, we wrapped one guy's car with one of those big rolls of cling film that you wrap up shipping pallets with. We used the whole roll. Must be a mile of it on one of those rolls. His car was well "preserved".

ha ha! we hoisted one blokes motor 18feet in the air on a fork truck and left him to figure it out :D

For another fellow, we drilled and tapped his tool box for a Zerk fitting (grease fitting) and filled the whole tool box up with grease through the fitting. I thought it was funny at first, but the guy really went off the deep end when he found out what was done, and I honestly thought he was going to hurt someone badly.

Funny as..., but I'm not surprised he went nuclear, ad hominems, fair enough but my attitude is that if you dick about with a guy's tools then you do so at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent mine for a left handed screwdriver and a skirting board ladder. also when i was in electronic engineering used to charge up the big caps (capacitors) and get the trainees to fetch em lol soon as they put their hands on top of them to pick them up you heard a scream lol well more of a girly urgggg then went walking off like mr bean !

Oh boy im wiping off the tears to write this. some of these were fantastic. the broken wrist and the bakery treats were fantastic.
I never fell for the jokes but suffered for it. i was screwed to an 8ft x 4ft bit of ply all round my outline then the ply put up on a wall and left while they drew things on me.
Back before the world went health and safety & political correctness crazy i was duck taped to an office chair and a sign put on me reading "Kiddy Fiddler", stuck in a lift and sent to the ground floor (Heathrow Airport main terminal entrance). That was fun. Also had my boots screwed from the bottom up to a scaffold platform.

got made target practice when the painters nicked our offcuts of 20mm plastic conduit and made em into putty blow pipes.
was 20ft up on Ali scaff when six of em opened fire with no were to hide.
god they hurt.
thought i was clever when i bent a piece 90degree with a spring so i could fire round corners.
trouble was my one and only shot hit me boss in the middle of his forehead ,should of checked who is was first before letting rip.
the red mark it left was a corker.
he went mental,got a well deserved beating and a near down the road ,was on the last year serving me time,
that was over 20 years ago and i can laugh at it now ,my how times have changed.
elfyn

I was telling a mate about this thread today he said on a site once when he was an apprentice his boss gave him a 5lb sledge hammer and a letter and told him to give it to one of the girls in the office.

i once worked with some paddys and they stuck me upside down in one of those blue barrels. they left me there for ages and said next time it will be full of water.

I was my self,

At one of the companys we worked for we told an apprentice that we required some lubrication for a job we were doing the following day and that we had no time to go and get it, in his eagerness to please, he offered to help and go get some. So off we sent him that night, to get us some KY jelly, which we told him he could get from asda.

Anyway next day, he turns up proud as punch with this KY jelly, only to tell us him mum had taken him to asda for it!! and repeatedly asked him if it was a windup11:) To which he replied, " No mum, they wouldnt do anything like that to me!" haha!

I was tied face down from a railing, the boss turned up and told me he wasn't paying me to hang around:D

A few weeks ago our apprentice was set on with 5 water fire extinguishers

I once got a lad to paint the workshop floor. "Shall I start at the back and work my way out then?" he asked showing far too much insight and foresight for one so young.
"Mugs way that" I told him putting on my earnest face "You gotta work away from the door. When you get to the far side the doorway should've dried enough for you to get out"
So he did. What a chump and how I laughed.

Used to regularly fly our clerk round the workshop on the overhead. I say regularly, it was almost every time he wore a belt and didn't pay attention. He wasn't an apprentice but everyone got a go at flying the clerk up until the colonel busted us. Apparently that sort of thing is bullying...

I was apprentice to a spark who was always falling out with the gaffers, in those days we got a wage packet with cash in it, and if he was one penny short he would be on the war path.
This particular day at brew time and i got the bloody blame for this, we were all sat in cabin havin a brew and there was a site meeting, our gaffer smoked the biggest pipe you could imagine like a waste paper bin, massive thing, and he had left it on the table near jimmy the spark, he put red chalk line chalk under the tobacco, and the gaffer went off to the meeting.
This meeting went onto dinner when the door of the cabin burst open with stan the gaffer swearing his head off which (NO SWEARING) did this, honest lads he looked like the joker out of batman all up his cheeks red chalk, and he must have been puffin away in that meeting not knowing, well i started to laugh the loudest and being near the cabin door got a clip around mi lug holes for the privilige.

the place i used to work sent a guy to the whosalers with a list of stuff to get on the list was 6 felopian tubes , when the guy serving him asked what size he wanted he asked to borrow the phone to ring up work and check what size he should get .
we put the phone on loud speaker but no one could stop laughing and we were sussed out .:D

the place i used to work sent a guy to the whosalers with a list of stuff to get on the list was 6 felopian tubes , when the guy serving him asked what size he wanted he asked to borrow the phone to ring up work and check what size he should get .
we put the phone on loud speaker but no one could stop laughing and we were sussed out .:D

Ha ha ha

I fell for the obvious "Go and fetch me a Glass hammer".. After searching about 3 of the lads tool boxes for a glass hammer they gave in and let me in on the gag.

But i genuinly thought i was looking for a normal looking hammer but was special one for smashing glass with.. Doh!

I had a foreman once who thought it was funny to put cutting compound on my wiper blades.
After I got out of hospital, I threw his toolbox into a cement mixer, he didn't laugh so much at that.
Seen another apprentice getting a 'doing' in a factory before he was due to get married, they doused him in caustic soda, needless to say the wedding was cancelled.
Seeing a mans face melt kinda takes the fun out of the pranks

In saying that I still get a perverse pleasure in punishing apprentices by making them thread 5 or 6 lengths of 20mm conduit into nipples. ;)

Contempt Of Court
Having had to take the day off work to appear in court for a minor traffic summons, the man was growing increasingly restless as he waited hour after hour for his case to be heard.
Finally, late in the afternoon, his case was called. He stood before the judge, only to hear that court would be adjourned until the next day and he would have to return.
"What!" What for?" he yelled at the judge.
His Honor, equally irritated by a tedious day and the sharp query, roared, "That will be twenty dollars for contempt of court! That's what for!"
Noticing the man checking his wallet, the judge added, "That's all right. You don't have to pay right now."
The man replied, "Oh, I'm just looking to see if I have enough for two more words!"

Very funny :p

lol at some of these, ive seen apprentices have the floortrap screwed back down while they were still underneath and fibreglass shoved down boxershorts.

Reply to Jokes on your apprentice in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock