Discuss Just received a call from an agency - Should I take on their work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just received a call from a company called professionals immediately who would like to sign up trades to undertake emergency call-outs for very good rates & no strings or obligations.

Electrician has to collect £'s from customer & then send the agency their cut which has its benefits & problems. Materials come out of electricians rate which could be a deal breaker.

Sounds too good to be true if you can just pick the good jobs - anyone worked with them?

i'll give them a shot.see what the crack is. sounds like it's mainly call-outs, which is mypreferred sector now i'm getting old and past the floorboards up all over the place.

What is their cut?

50/50 but the rates are still worth it.

Not a scam but I'm not sure how good it is in reality. Would be nice to speak with someone who's signed up with them.

Sounds very much like the ERG model. Customer pays extortionate rate so is not best pleased from the off.
Where do the leads come from ? Their (particularly shabby) website seems like a portal for trades only.
Do you set your rate or do they ?

These people were the subject of a thread that was taken down as spam.

There was a dozen or so posts from Ruth something and someone else, that normally contain links to Professional Electrician magazine.
Stopped opening the threads now, because I know they will be removed soon.

I recognised "professionals immediately" on one of the titles.

I'd suggest staying well clear.

How did they get your number? is it on your profile here?

From watching the video, it seems the company tells the customer someone is on the way, then rings round their preferred tradesmen to see if someone can do the job.
If that fails, they then try to find someone in the Yellow pages or on the internet.

Reading through the lines, their preferred tradesmen are anyone who’s done a job for them in the past.

Reply to Just received a call from an agency - Should I take on their work? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net