Discuss Kitchen wiring regs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't do much domestic installs but sods law I have my own kitchen getting renewed and thought I'd better brush up on the latest regs when doing kitchen installs

What I want to know is 1. Is there any regs which now say that appliances such as washing machine etc should be easily isolated via switch above units? I've seen a lot of these grid type setups where everything is controllable from the one grid but don't know if I want to go this way unless I need to.

2. The cooker that is ordered works off a 13a plugtop, should I put a dedicated circuit in for this? I am thinking I should

3. What's the best way of wiring under unit lights? Having transformers etc on top of units and dropping down?

Thanks in advance

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

keniff

-
Arms
If the appliance pulls out ie not built in then does not need isolators, although I would fit them anyway! Also lights I normally chuck all the running gear on top of the unit and run the cables down the back if possible, also keep sockets etc 300 mm from edge of sinks/cookers if possible, and oven, personally just plug in on the ring, I think if over 3kw needs to be dedicated circuit, but again I would prob run in a 6mm for future upgrades! Hope that's helped someway!!

S

sedgy34

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have answered your own questions matey go with your gut
any appliances put a socket in cupboard next to it. Also your work is notifiable lol to labc

S

sparks1973

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the appliance pulls out ie not built in then does not need isolators, although I would fit them anyway! Also lights I normally chuck all the running gear on top of the unit and run the cables down the back if possible, also keep sockets etc 300 mm from edge of sinks/cookers if possible, and oven, personally just plug in on the ring, I think if over 3kw needs to be dedicated circuit, but again I would prob run in a 6mm for future upgrades! Hope that's helped someway!!
no...its 2KW..look at fig. 15 A (iii) P 425 BGB...

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Kitchen wiring regs in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom