Discuss kiwi moving to england next year, looking for job! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ok cool, ill bring my practising licence with me when I come over. does It help that im a kiwi? don't us new Zealanders have a good name in England?

Oh you do, but dont forget you will be competing for jobs with recognized qualifications over here who have been working for a long time to our regs.

Believe the us when we say the grass isnt always greener, there is a flood of EU nationals who are doing the work for a lot less than market value right now and that number will only get bigger.

Oh you do, but dont forget you will be competing for jobs with recognized qualifications over here who have been working for a long time to our regs.

Believe the us when we say the grass isnt always greener, there is a flood of EU nationals who are doing the work for a lot less than market value right now and that number will only get bigger.
not if i had my way it damn well wouldn`t...it would get a lot smaller....FAST!!....

and we would be out of that pan-continental racket n all...

Welcome to the party,Hitman. At the risk of offending you with a localism,your leaving St.Tropez and arriving in Rhyl.....A good few of me pals have done the deal the other way round,and NONE of them are pining for home...If your competent,tenacious,patient,thick-skinned and have sense of humour,then,you'll manage at any of those salubrious addresses listed. Good luck

Welcome to the party,Hitman. At the risk of offending you with a localism,your leaving St.Tropez and arriving in Rhyl.....A good few of me pals have done the deal the other way round,and NONE of them are pining for home...If your competent,tenacious,patient,thick-skinned and have sense of humour,then,you'll manage at any of those salubrious addresses listed. Good luck
its like coming from Hong Kong....and landing in Rotherham...or summat like that....

- - - Updated - - -

ere..hitman....

dont do it fella....

it will drive you to murder mate...

its like coming from Hong Kong....and landing in Rotherham...or summat like that....

- - - Updated - - -

ere..hitman....

dont do it fella....

it will drive you to murder mate...

Eh, Hong Kong work's to UK standards ...or used too!!

If anything hitman is over qualified, certainly no electrical trainee's in the land of the KIWI. lol!!

trust me. coming here from NZ is like getting out of a shower and bathing in the karzi.

hitman get in touch with a company called 'down under tradies' in London. Costs about £450 and you just have to sit a kind of regs exam and a health and safety exam and you'll be issued your 17th edition cert and a JIB gold gold and you're good to go. It's a lot easier for us to start working in the UK as we do proper apprenticeships not like the 5 week pom methods ;-) might want to also gain the 2391 (which now is called the 2394 & 2395 I think) which is related to testing and inspecting. You can get by without it but a lot of jobs would prefer if you had it

hitman get in touch with a company called 'down under tradies' in London. Costs about £450 and you just have to sit a kind of regs exam and a health and safety exam and you'll be issued your 17th edition cert and a JIB gold gold and you're good to go. It's a lot easier for us to start working in the UK as we do proper apprenticeships not like the 5 week pom methods ;-) might want to also gain the 2391 (which now is called the 2394 & 2395 I think) which is related to testing and inspecting. You can get by without it but a lot of jobs would prefer if you had it

And it separates the men from the boys. ( or at least the 2391 did)

Boydy

Aberdeen could be a "fun" experience, nice folk, "interesting dialect", flipping colder than invercargill and a heck of a lot more snow...albeit more culture and better bars I'm told.
Also plenty of ski slopes etc close by aberdeen as well as plenty of places to go "tramping" if thats your thing.

Liverpool....fit locking wheel nuts to every stud on the van and hire a translator.....Aberdonians have nothing on Scousers for being incomprehensible.....

and be sure to buy a return ticket. it's cheaper than 2 singles. after a month here, i'm sure you'll be queueing to get back to NZ.

alot of good info on www.downundertradies.com thanks guys. it says something on there about being self-employed? is that how it works over there? most sparkys in new Zealand work for a company which supplies them with a van/most tools and do all the tax/paper work for them.

Reply to kiwi moving to england next year, looking for job! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net