Discuss Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

i voted NO in the 1972 ( or thereabouts) common market referendum, simply on the basis that it would mean us subsidising french farmers with 1 cow, a pig, and a couple of hens. thern we had butter mountains. wine lakes etc., just to keep prices high and allow the surrender monkeys to make profits at our expense. i also remember when the UK first wanted to join, de gaulle said NON. and that's after we kicked the germans out of froggy land. talk about gratitude!

By the time a Scottish referendum could be arranged and if the outcome was to leave, the U.K as a whole would out the E.U and well into completeing Trading deals with the rest of the World.
All arrangements with the E.U would have been sorted.
It wouldn't delay Brexit.

@SC, Scots dont want to leave the EU, so whats the best way to stop it ? - Have an independance referendum, vote to be independent, then we have the issue of Scotland being in the EU and England not, another land border to deal with leading to yet another delay to Brexit and more wrangling, sod that, they had their chance in 2014, that is what they really wanted , this next vote would be tactical to stop UK leaving EU. That simple

Problem with that is of course we're getting the line 'but at the last one we were told we'd be remaining in the EU'. That's been the on-going cry... we were lied to, just like the remainers. At the time of the first indy ref I was on contact with a diverse group of colleagues in Scotland and they nearly all said the same thing... if we vote for independence I'm leaving. So part of me thinks we should let them have the vote and see what happens, but even if they voted no again I don't think that would satisfy the hardliners in the SNP.

Its simply that the SNP Scots, and some others Scots, hate the English more than they hate the French or EU. It would be a shame to break up the UK, but if someone has fallen out of love, but then there's no point trying to keep the relationship going, if you get my drift.

I voted to remain, but since the vote have accepted we should now leave. Still have my reservations, based nothing more on a gut feeling and being in a club for the last forty years.

Oh I get it's that they don't like the English, but really??? Are they that filled with hate that they're willing to sacrifice what control they have just to stick one to us? Petulant children is the term that springs to mind.

As for reservations about leaving... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. All the leavers I've talked to at any length about it have all said the same thing. We expect there to be some trouble along the way but ultimately we believe it will be worth it.

The outpouring of grief on social media has been hilarious and it's going exactly the same way as it did after the referendum in 2016. Whenever a valid point is made against what they say we end up back in the gutter with personal insults. You're old, you shouldn't have been allowed to vote, you're racist, you're a fascist, you're a ---- etc. etc. and so it continues.

Social media existed before these morons gained any real traction.

In my view it was specifically Twitter and all the twits that tweet. (There is a definite shortage of A's in that last bit)

Twitter was very quickly adopted, and promoted, by the media. It was then taken up by academia and Westminster and thus the echo chamber was born.

We lived in a world where a retweet was news and sufficient retweets drove policy.

So when a bunch of students, in the wrong undergarments, start Tweeting about their victimhood it gains the attention of all those who make and report policy.

The rest of us couldn't really give a monkey's, if you want to wear boxers and be called Dave, knock yourself out pet. I've got bills to pay, work to do so just don't have the time to have an opinion.

But, as always, they get to big for their sequined DMs and start telling us how we should change to adapt to their lifestyle choices and, as our world view doesn't match theirs, we are bigoted racists.

It's about time we kicked this student political crap back into the dark recesses of the Student Union bar amd let the adults run the country again.

Well, Boris is as close to an adult as the options permitted.

The EU are crapping themselves about " competitiveness" - they dont want a trade deal that allows UK to be a competitor to EU. So what does that tell you about how competitive the EU block is wrt "world competitiveness" - so instead of the EU improving their world competitiveness, they want to hold Britain back, hopefully Boris will tell them what to do, lol.
Expect alot more media and political hysteria about Chlorinated chick wings, 90 hrs per week working conditions, health and safety policy books burned, etc etc etc.
Oh so predictable and boring

Oh I get it's that they don't like the English, but really??? Are they that filled with hate that they're willing to sacrifice what control they have just to stick one to us? Petulant children is the term that springs to mind.

It could of all been so different, had the Jacobite Army had not turn round and gone back to Scotland. We'll all been wearing kilts and speaking with a French accent. :)

The Scottish independence vote was supposed to be a once in a generation thing to which they happily agreed . Now they are making plenty of the fact that they have won more seats , although the snp still only polled about 45% of the total Scottish vote and that is about the same as they registered during the independence vote back in 2014. I really can't believe that a majority could think that poison sturgeon is the answer to anything other than ," what is the darker side of jimmy krankie known as ?"

The rest of us couldn't really give a monkey's, if you want to wear boxers and be called Dave, knock yourself out pet. I've got bills to pay, work to do so just don't have the time to have an opinion.

But, as always, they get to big for their sequined DMs and start telling us how we should change to adapt to their lifestyle choices and, as our world view doesn't match theirs, we are bigoted racists.

Don't go there... I was just looking at something on twitter and came across another gender... turns out there are now apparently 201 with more waiting to be approved.

WHAT!!!!

I agree with you... if she really wants to be independent then let her... but it'll mean;
a) A 20ft high border fence that's is permanently manned by armed guards to stop all the Scots escaping.
b) The UK withdrawing any of it's operations from Scotland, like the submarines, BAE etc.
c) No more financial assistance... the 'Greece of the North' ?
d) Anybody caught in England without a tourist visa wearing tartan, a kilt or drunk at 11am deported. (unless you're a member of this forum)
Will you leave the Scots their North Sea Oil and fishing waters?

Don't go there... I was just looking at something on twitter and came across another gender... turns out there are now apparently 201 with more waiting to be approved.

WHAT!!!!
Because yesterdays "special" is not "special" enough and tomorrow's "special" has to he so much more "special".

They are not special.

What they need are responsibilities and commitments and to spend less time contemplating their navels, whatever gender they be.

They have been utterly failed but the education systen we entrust our children to.

Think Andyb might still be at his village pub, drowning his sorrows. Incidently, did anyone see the vid of Sturgeon of delight, at others misfortune;

Think if they bump into each other, there might be a fight. :)

From The SNP Chronicle The Herald newspaper:
Ms Sturgeon added that on a personal level, she “feels for” Liberal Democrat leader Jo Swinson, who lost her seat in East Dunbartonshire.

Aye, right ye are Nippy. Whatever you say.

nicola-sturgeon-and-her-mum-orjimmy-krankie-meeting-elton-john-5396430.png
[automerge]1576335560[/automerge]
@SC, Both Wales and Scotland dont like England more than they dont like Brussels and the EU, both think that by being in the EU they will get a nett income from the other countries. What i really dont understand is: as we are a United Kingdom (Union) today, why do Scotland and Wales really think independance is ONLY down to them.

As for the referendum, I was lied to and misled when i voted. I thought voting leave meant we would just leave, i never imagined in my wildest dreams that voting leave could mean that if there was a majority it could mean a plethora of partial leavings that masquerade as leave. Bonkers.

According to Nippy, Boris Johnson "does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU".

Sturgeon's 'argument' is bogus. Not only does Boris Johnson have a mandate to take England out of the EU, he also has a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU along with Wales and Northern Ireland too. The people of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who voted in the General Election did so as a union, not as four separate countries.

The will of the Scottish people who voted for in the "once in a lifetime" independence referendum in 2014 was that Scotland should remain part of the United Kingdom. Sturgeon, however, refuses to accept this outcome and is determined to push for a second "once in a lifetime" referendum. My own desire is that she be granted her wish, chiefly because I'm confident that the Scottish electorate will once again reject the SNP's sepratist plans and vote to remain part of the UK. This outcome would surely be the end of Sturgeon politically and no longer would we have to listen to her incessant, pathetic whining.

On the other, hand if a miracle was to occur and the SNP were to succeed with their seperatist project, they would no longer have a raison d'être and would become redundant. What a lovely thought. So go on Boris, give her the bullets with which she can shoot herself in the foot. Let her be hoist with her own pertard.

The nightmare scenario would be Scotland leaving the UK only to apply for membership of the EU. If the unthinkable were to ever happen, I would be relocating to England for the second time. Thankfully, I can't envisage such a terrible scenario ever coming to fruition and can relax knowing that I won't ever have to apply to become Part P registered.:D

Last edited:
From The SNP Chronicle The Herald newspaper:

Aye, right ye are Nippy. Whatever you say.
[automerge]1576335560[/automerge]

According to Nippy, Boris Johnson "does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU".

Sturgeon's 'argument' is bogus. Not only does Boris Johnson have a mandate to take England out of the EU, he also has a mandate to take Scotland out of the EU along with Wales and Northern Ireland too. The people of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland who voted in the General Election did so as a union, not as four separate countries.

The will of the Scottish people who voted for in the "once in a lifetime" independence referendum in 2014 was that Scotland should remain part of the United Kingdom. Sturgeon, however, refuses to accept this outcome and is determined to push for a second "once in a lifetime" referendum. My own desire is that she be granted her wish, chiefly because I'm confident that the Scottish electorate will once again reject the SNP's sepratist plans and vote to remain part of the UK. This outcome would surely be the end of Sturgeon politically and no longer would we have to listen to her incessant, pathetic whining.

On the other, hand if a miracle was to occur and the SNP were to succeed with their seperatist project, they would no longer have a raison d'être and would become redundant. What a lovely thought. So go on Boris, give her the bullets with which she can shoot herself in the foot. Let her be hoist with her own pertard.

The nightmare scenario would be Scotland leaving the UK only to apply for membership of the EU. If the unthinkable were to ever happen, I would be relocating to England for the second time. Thankfully, I can't envisage such a terrible scenario ever coming to fruition and can relax knowing that I won't ever have to apply to become Part P registered.:D

Take you don't like her. It must be said though, you guys are pretty much split equally about this, even from the last referendum?
[automerge]1576342158[/automerge]
I personally hope Scotland stays united with England, and as JK said above, I hope the SNP are allowed a 2nd referendum and that it is the same result as last time.

And Wales and NI. :)

Take you don't like her. It must be said though, you guys are pretty much split equally about this, even from the last referendum?
[automerge]1576342158[/automerge]

And Wales and NI. :)
NI now has more Nationalist MP'S than Unionist MP'S

So there is already talk of a border poll now.

Although I think unionists just wanted to punish the DUP for the way they played their hand over the last two years.

Not signal a want for a UI

Think the first one seems to be a more accurate poll, when comparing it with their voting intentions poll for the GE 2019. Which shows a 50% to 42% against Idyref 2.

Even if the polls were indicating a 99.99% majority in favour of Scotland remaining part of the UK, the SNP would still claim that gives them a mandate to pursue a second referendum.

I am sick and tired of this tedious independence debate. It's become a saga. So as I said in an earlier post, give the SNP their twice in a lifetime "Indyref2" and be done. They will then be hoist by their own petard after they lose the vote. Like spoilt children, they will continue to throw tantrums and chuck toys out of the pram until they get their second "once in a lifetime" referendum:

Angus MacNeil reveals bombshell SNP plan B to secure Scottish independence - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/angus-macneil-reveals-bombshell-snp-21100372

And should the nightmare scenario of an independent Scotland run by the SNP ever come to fruition and Scotland escapes from its "imprisonment", the delusional fools who voted to make it happen will then be faced with far worse austerity than was the case under the Tories. Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas. :rolleyes:

SNP plans mean ‘more austerity than under the Tories’, says IFS - https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/snp-plans-mean-more-austerity-than-under-the-tories-says-ifs-1-5056488/amp

Scotland has already paid a high price for the SNP's obsession with independence:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/02/scotland-is-paying-a-heavy-price-for-the-snps-independence-obsession

The SNP's record while in office is woeful:

It's time the SNP's terrible record in government was exposed - https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/05/its-time-snps-terrible-record-government-was-exposed

Twelve years of abominable SNP failure has failed Scotland:

https://www.shoutoutuk.org/2017/06/07/snp-ten-years-failure

https://reaction.life/snp-failed-scotland-independence-mirage

The SNP are a one-trick pony. They are all about independence and nothing else. However, there are a plethora of far more important issues facing Scotland that need to be urgently addressed. So instead of continually harping-on about Scottish independence, Sturgeon ought to return to her day job and focus her attention on sorting-out the squalor and immigrant crime in the ****hole otherwise known as Govanhill instead of perpetually whinging about independence. The Govanhill ghetto in Glasgow lies within Sturgeon's constituency. She is its MSP. It is beyond belief that such shameful living conditions could exist in modern-day Scotland. But as usual, it's all Westminster's fault, eh Nippy?

PressReader.com - Journaux du Monde Entier - https://www.pressreader.com/uk/scottish-daily-mail/20170603/281960312715318

Reply to Labour Manifesto in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net