Discuss Lack of shower proof fittings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I am doing a condition report and in the bathroom they have 8 led downlights. None over the shower but two over seperate bath. They are just ordinary gu10 downlights and not shower proof. I am thinking C3 but then on the other hand maybe just a comment and no code. What do you guys think?

I think @Bob Geldoff1234 post #3 is referring to the actual height of the ceiling... or have I just misread another post...
arrrgh.my bad. i see now.if his ceilingis 2.3m, then it's compliant with BS7671 so no code or comment needed, esp. if they are LEDs and not liable to drop red-hot bits of glass onto whoever is in the bath.

i'd comment if the bulbs were halogens. had one explode over the bath once. if LEDs then i'd not comment.

Reply to Lack of shower proof fittings in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been asked to look at this report as the customer has been given (in their words) 'A very high quote plus VAT'. It doesn't look well...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Just had my design project handed back to me from my last block and I got everything right apart from one question Q9 I would take a photo but...
Replies
Views
I see the BPG#4 has been updated and just taking a look over it now. However, I am not a fan of the new layout (EICR report style of list) as it...
Replies
Views
Hiya, Had a Triton T80 8.5Kw shower for the last two years in upstairs bathroom connected to the mains cold supply. Its still working but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock