Discuss LED strip light support clip in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Peta

-
Reaction score
My aluminium LED strip light has fallen down. The plastic support that it clipped into has cracked apart.

Does anyone know what these support clips are called so that I can buy a new one?

If you know of a better type of clip to use please let me know, these ones are really flimsy.

The aluminium strip light is 21mm wide and 5mm deep.

Thank you.

LED strip light support clip 6F7E0957-1004-4318-9D48-DAA6DF9708BC - EletriciansForums.net

LED strip light support clip 74B871F3-CB57-4C3D-BBE7-0B8F9838A24F - EletriciansForums.net

Honestly I don't think you'll be able to buy the clips on their own you'll have to be creative with other clips or materials they usually only come in the packaging with the light

Thanks Matthew

The clips were awful, they’ve both spontaneously broken and the light has only been up there about two years.

Thanks for your help at least I’ll know to stop looking. The clip is inside a chimney so not visible, I’ll try to cobble something together with string or something like that.

Thanks.

try the clips that fix oval tube. https://www.screwflix..com/p/tower-oval-conduit-clips-20mm-pack-of-5/51047

Drill and chamfer a hole in the channel and then screw straight on to the support

Have a look at the fitting for the manufacturer and model number.

Reply to LED strip light support clip in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock