Discuss LED touch mirror - correct way to switch off? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

HRC0011

DIY
Reaction score
We have had two LED touch screen mirrors installed in our ensuite. You have a touch button on the mirror to switch off and change brightness and colour. It is intalled so there is a switch on the wall as well - both mirrors are on the same switch.
Hoping someone can help settled a debate - I switch off at the wall and husband thinks over time that is bad for the appliance and should be switched off by the actual touch screen and switch left on (like ceiling fans). Would like a professional opinion on this please! Thanks

The switch would be put in for maintenance reasons and the manufacturers expect it turned on and off by the touch on the mirror itself.

However, these things can go faulty, and if it decides, on its own, to turn on… you’re wasting however little power it uses. (Seen these with de mister heaters and Bluetooth speakers in them too)

In all likelihood, I don’t think it matters if you turn off at the wall switch.

Reply to LED touch mirror - correct way to switch off? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a property built in 1911. It has had asbestos artex applied to every ceiling in the house. I am currently creating a new...
Replies
Views
I've purchased Lepro 15m LED strip lights - product code PR410047-RGB-UK, and have fitted them at the top of the walls in my daughter's bedroom...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the long first post, I wanted to be as thorough as possible. On my landing I have a 2-way switch setup, one of which is 3-gang, one of...
Replies
Views
Here’s what happened, we’re looking for a professional opinion: The auto transfer switch for our Generac stand by generator “exploded” (we heard a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock